IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint Speed Weeks
5/15/12, 9:36 PM   #1
USAC Sprint Speed Weeks
used to be

I am planning to attend the July 2012 Usac Speedweeks the 2nd half of the week starting Wed. at Terre Haute and going through Friday night and was wondering where the best area to stay in would be. I would also like to visit the Speedway while there. Thanks for any advice offered in advance.

5/16/12, 7:56 AM   #2
Re: USAC Sprint Speed Weeks
Bill Angel

Google motels at Terre Haute and you will find several at US 41 and I70 at a reasonable price. For Putnamville google Cloverdale motels at I70 and US 231 and there are 2 or 3 motels there. You could leave Cloverdale Friday morning take I 70 to Indy to see the big track. Then go to Bloomington on route 37. Motels are expensive at Bloomington so if you have to go north to head home check out the motels at Martinsville on route 37 about 20 miles north of Bloomington.

5/16/12, 8:43 AM   #3
Jonr

The museum at the Speedway is really great. Also, be sure to take a tour of the track. When I went, they had two options. Be sure to take the more detailed tour, it takes you to some really neat places.

5/16/12, 9:57 AM   #4
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

if you are just looking to stay at one hotel the entire trip then anywhere by the airport would be good. you would be within an hour drive to all the tracks and close to the speedway. just depends how much you want to drive after the races

5/16/12, 4:03 PM   #5
stephen

If you are headed south friday night after Bloomington, there are 2 or 3 motels in Bedford also on hwy 37.

5/16/12, 5:55 PM   #6
monkeyboy

The car works just fine. Lay the seat back and by some sort of black magic its like a recliner. Hell its so comfortable sometimes people go to sleep before the feature. I know of a few that did that at gas city last year.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
5/23/12, 8:53 PM   #7
used to be

Thanks for all the help. We will be staying 3 nights in Cloverdale. It seems to be right in the middle of all 3 tracks that we will go to and the speedway. We have planned to tour the track and museum. All thats left is to find some good golf courses to play. Monkeyboy, if I were a few years younger i might consider the car bed, but those days are long gone for this body.lol/
Last edited by used to be; 5/23/12 at 8:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
5/23/12, 9:46 PM   #8
mod16d

Highly recommend Hulman Links not that expensive and a good course, Clover Medows in Cloverdale isn't bad and Deer Creek on the way to Indy from Cloverdale is a good track but kinda quirky

Darrell

6/3/12, 8:24 PM   #9
used to be

Can anyone give me a ideal what to expect for grandstand ticket prices for the Usac Speedweeks races. Got the hotel reservations , hoping gas prices stay stable or drop (lol). Just need to know what to budget. Thanks

6/3/12, 8:47 PM   #10
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post
Can anyone give me a ideal what to expect for grandstand ticket prices for the Usac Speedweeks races. Got the hotel reservations , hoping gas prices stay stable or drop (lol). Just need to know what to budget. Thanks
All the tracks on Sprint Week have good websites. You can Google and bookmark them and refer to them at any time. Just about all your questions will be answered as to schedules seating, costs, reservations if available, gates open times, concessions, hot laps, quals, etc. Most also list a phone number for other pertinent questions. Also, some have a registration for receiving text messages for weather cancellations. I think the standard seat for Sprint Week is $25 but you can check them all out on their sites. To get started put, for example: Gas City Speedway in your search engine. Others are Lawrenceburg Speedway, Terre Haute Action Track, Lincoln Park Speedway, Bloomington Speedway, Kokomo Speedway, and Tri-State Speedway. Have fun! Lots of info available. If anything you need is not covered someone on this site can probably help out!

1 member likes this post: sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint Speed Weeks