IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble dates?
10/18/09, 2:09 AM   #21
Re: Rumble dates?
jdull99

While I am never opposed to competing anywhere there is a race (including Kokomo today...if I could find anyone to go down with me), I will post that the main "crew"/sponsor I have had for the last couple indoor events seems to have lost interest with the obvious advantage of the munchkins. I am of the opinion I need to do the best I can on the track and have our car set-up as good as can be before we worry about any of the competition, but I may be able to entice some interest in the 2009 event if there was an effort to level the playing field. Either way, the only place I will want to be the day after Christmas this year is Ft. Wayne; most especially driving...however reality may eventually set in and I might have to get back to real life (not against the event...personal stuff...income source, etc.)...
Last edited by jdull99; 10/18/09 at 2:19 AM. Reason: wording

10/18/09, 10:01 PM   #22
Anderson36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Jimmy, you are correct in regard to my posting on August 6. This is an ongoing process, and I have still been doing my research on the ramifications of the changes listed in that post. I reserve the right to tweak them until the entry is official...once they are out...then they will be followed to the final detail...I have added staffing for the tech at the event.

This has nothing to do with this thread, but during the last two or three weeks I have been thinking it all over...the location of the added weight on VW's etc.

I just want to point out to you that it is too early to tell if Rich Corson, Johnny Heydenreich...or Tony Stewart will enter. It is too early to tell...This being October 17, it is time to get the entries out...you will see them by Monday.

The question I have is...Will Jim Anderson enter?

Also...Congratulations on a great event at Joliet....That was pretty cool speaking of great crowds.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
Tony,

I am sure you have done alot of thinking concerning these rule changes and I commend you for bringing the playing field back to level. I am also sure you have had some sleepless nights wondering what will happen to your crowd if by chance Stewart doesn't run. Can the races be as exicting without him? Absolutely. Will there be a full field of midgets? Absolutely. Can Rich Corson win this indoor deal in a pedal car? Absolutely!!

Will Jim Anderson be there? That's the plan as of now. How can I let Don Moore have all the fun with his inline. I'd feel honored if Don got on here afterwards and complained about me.

And, Thank You. The Joliet event was great, but getting people into those stands was easier than getting the competitors to show up.

10/19/09, 1:43 AM   #23
RacinJason

Evening the field out seems to be a big problem everywhere. Glad to see someone is actually trying to correct that. I had a blast racing in Ft Wayne. I know my car doesn't have what it takes to make the feature. So I have no choice but to stay home. That $60 tow money hardly gets me out of Wisconsin let alone all the way there and back.:2:

Jason

1 member likes this post: jdull99
10/19/09, 9:20 AM   #24
Tony Barhorst

Just a couple comments here based on past Fort Wayne experience. I am not arguing the points here. I am taking it in stride, and enjoy the chat back and forth. Lots can be learned from this website. Myself and others on the site sometimes do get frustrated with rumor and premature speculation..I am pointing out some facts here.

During all the years that Tony Stewart has competed with us...The first time in 1999 was a big suprise. Other years I talked to him in advance about promoting his appearance...and we did that many times. A few years ago he ran the race without announcement...and the crowd did not know he was there until he popped out of his car in victory. He was listed as Mikey Fedorcak Jr. from Gnawbone, Indiana. His camp never let it out in public in advance, so you can't really tell by his team members comments.

This will be a year that we are not sure what Tony will do. We won't really know until racedays this year.

Jason, I appreciate all your efforts to come to Ft. Wayne. I have to point out that there are two full midget events, with two payouts and two sets of tow money that would be $120 if you missed both.

I also watched the 2007 event last night looking for shots for my TV spot. I run over 2,000 thirty second spots in the Fort Wayne region every year.

The Friday show that year was wild all the way through. Billy Wease won over Dave Darland in a last lap turn 4 pass. Kenyon cars made the field both days, with guys like Brandon Knupp ( Nascar Trucks)...and Jacob Wiilson (USAC) running very well. They put on quite a show. You can't say you would never make the field.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 10/19/09 at 9:24 AM.

10/19/09, 9:27 AM   #25

Tony has already added his weight :2:. one thing I noticed last season, to win one of these races, you have to get up on the wheel and drive everysingle lap like you are qualifying. If a guy is holding you up, u have to go, not ride until they make a mistake. Todays drivers have a big problem with this. they are to used to riding around until somebody makes a mistake or starting up front and knowing they have the race won if they don't make to many mistakes.

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
10/19/09, 4:17 PM   #26
GB3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQRvqTV9Io

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DMHZjmpztY

10/19/09, 11:37 PM   #27
RacinJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Jason, I appreciate all your efforts to come to Ft. Wayne. I have to point out that there are two full midget events, with two payouts and two sets of tow money that would be $120 if you missed both.

Here's what it cost me the last two times I came to Ft Wayne

$450 Two hotel rooms for 3 days
$200 Tow gas
$120 Entry fee
$275 For 5 two day pit passes
$550 for specialty indoor tires
$100 Alcohol (for the car)
$30 Tolls
$??? Food
$1725!!!!

There is no way $60 a night will even come close to help offset the above costs.

Jason

2 members like this post: jdull99, Need For Speed
10/20/09, 8:35 AM   #28
Tony Barhorst

Jason,

I am not saying it's great..

I know it doesn't cover very much, but lets compare it with other event tow money. Just for my information, in regard to midgets..what are other events paying tow money wise?

I understand team costs and have been payout out more through the field the last several years. I want to make it even better. Last year I added the points fund, but that didn't bring more cars to Columbus and Toledo really.

This year teams can get by with one night hotel if they wish. We have also had teams stay in campers if they have the heat.

You should be able to use your tires again...I have implemented a one RR tire rule to address tire costs.

I will keep working on it.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst
Rumbleseries.com
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 10/20/09 at 8:40 AM.

10/20/09, 9:04 AM   #29
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason View Post
evening the field out seems to be a big problem everywhere. Glad to see someone is actually trying to correct that. I had a blast racing in ft wayne. I know my car doesn't have what it takes to make the feature. So i have no choice but to stay home. That $60 tow money hardly gets me out of wisconsin let alone all the way there and back.:2:

Jason
maybe its the driver who does not have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any body can make it if there smooth and smart! And know how to set it up!

10/20/09, 10:03 AM   #30
jdull99

Thanks for your efforts Tony. Like the RR rule and have no issue with other changes you have made.

As far as "tow money", those of use from this area may be spoiled from BMARA. Makes it hard to get excited about towing more than a couple hours for $50 (or less in some cases). Looks like others have hard time driving up for that now though? Anyway, understand you have to make money or break even too. However, I'm a big fan of Don Moore's idea the "performers" should get a break on pit passes and entry fees. Obviously, you would HAVE to still charge for the other divisions though... Not trying to start anything, it just all adds up though...as I am sure; so does rent, insurance, crew, etc...
Last edited by jdull99; 10/20/09 at 10:04 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble dates?