IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairgrounds tonight?
5/30/11, 10:11 PM   #81
Re: Fairgrounds tonight?
ThrowbackRacingTeam

They began running heavy dump trucks on the track at 2pm. to pack it down hard. For some reason USAC doesn't want to have cushions on mile tracks even when conditions for it are ideal, like they were friday. They could have had a cushion all 100 laps if they hadn't packed it like that. I've seen it before. There was a tiny one in hot laps and time trials and the guys who used it were the top qualifiers. Then the heavy trucks were sent out to flatten it down to nothing. I'm pretty disgusted with this philosophy. Parsons' qualifying record will never be broken as long as there is so much sand in the dirt. They really can't get a hold of the surface very well. The race was pretty good and worth going to. The crowd was excellent. I'd estimate 7000. Thats $210,000 in Sargent's pocket before expenses. The purse is about the same as it was when it was only $8 to get in. Someone's making money. The 12 modifieds were a waste of time but didn't seem to take away from the show. A support class that provides more cars would be better, although I don't know if there is one. The new tire change rules at halfway caused no one to change tires and didn't shake up the races like last year. If they are going to have the break, which I happen to like, they should go back to last years' rules. Most importantly, different track prep/maintenance would make the mile track racing more exciting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairgrounds tonight?