IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson pass dirty on Leary?
8/25/20, 7:25 PM   #41
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Great comments on this thread! Seems like everyone pretty much agrees on what happened and respects both drivers. I feel so lucky to have witnessed another Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana State Fairgrounds and appreciate the efforts of Track Enterprises, the Fair board, the Governor, USAC, the owners and drivers, fans, what seemed like hundreds of security personnel and anyone else who helped make this great event a reality. I am hopefully looking forward to next years’ installment of the prestigious Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana State Fair Grounds!

8/26/20, 9:14 AM   #42
Re: Larson pass dirty on Leary?
sw1911

It looks a lot like the move Paul White put on Darland going into T1 at DQ 10 or 12 years ago, which sent DD to the wall. I don't recall DD ever saying anything about it. One of them racing deals.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, luckybuc97, racenut69
8/26/20, 11:00 AM   #43
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

I would like to know what Larson's spotter said to him, if he said inside, inside, CLEAR, then it is on the spotter. I know spotters are an important safety aspect, but with mirrors and spotters this type of racing is common with NASCAR mods and such

8/26/20, 3:05 PM   #44
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burksy46 View Post
I would like an exact reference to go to cause I highly doubt cj would say something like that lol so until you provide with actual points I suggest you go back to Friday’s broadcast and watch where it’s either tanner or Justin I believe (being sarcastic obviously) where they call him a jerk. Maybe you’ll get learnt a thing or 2
Thank you for encouraging me to look deeper, Burksy, and I guess I owe CJ an apology. It was not CJ who made the “jerk” comment, but Justin Grant, referring to an incident in last year’s event. Still, from what I know of Kody, calling him a jerk seems misplaced. The interview in question is at the :38 mark of the full replay, during qualifying. And again, apologies to CJ for my incorrect accusation.

3 members like this post: ISF, luckybuc97, spicoli
8/26/20, 4:32 PM   #45
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
It looks a lot like the move Paul White put on Darland going into T1 at DQ 10 or 12 years ago, which sent DD to the wall. I don't recall DD ever saying anything about it. One of them racing deals.
As I recall, DD was also running low on fuel and the car sputtered going into turn 1. PW was second and really had no where to go.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
8/26/20, 5:25 PM   #46
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
Thank you for encouraging me to look deeper, Burksy, and I guess I owe CJ an apology. It was not CJ who made the “jerk” comment, but Justin Grant, referring to an incident in last year’s event. Still, from what I know of Kody, calling him a jerk seems misplaced. The interview in question is at the :38 mark of the full replay, during qualifying. And again, apologies to CJ for my incorrect accusation.
Justin's comment was taken way out of context here. He was obviously joking there. It was dripping with sarcasm.

5 members like this post: captrat, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, TQ97
8/26/20, 6:34 PM   #47
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

It was obvious who was driving someone else's car and who had enough money to not care if they wrecked both cars.

8/26/20, 8:34 PM   #48
flagboy55

I haven’t seen Larson crash many cars, but I have seen him win a lot, just saying

8/27/20, 10:01 PM   #49
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Justin's comment was taken way out of context here. He was obviously joking there. It was dripping with sarcasm.
Well, I wondered if that might be the case. Was hoping anyway.

8/28/20, 7:07 AM   #50
Chase Hightower

Yeah, The Rich Kid from Greenfield sure runs on a shoestring budget!😂 WTH?

3 members like this post: badcoupe, bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson pass dirty on Leary?