IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #1 1/23/09 3:20 PM
What young gun sprint car racers surprized you the most in 2008.
Name a few drivers.
Give a couple of reasons why they caught your eye. :thumb

1. Sammy Imel.Hes always up on the wheel..Sammy really suprized at kokomo.He gets around that place real well.Hes not scared to go where cars arent.

2.John Memmer.Hes also a young racer who has amazed me over the 2008 season.He really opened up my eyes at the 4 crown.

3.Josh Clemons.Every time josh is on the track he amazes me. After he had that big crash at "The Burg" and just got rite back in the car and ran 6th (i think at gascity).That really made me relize hes in it to win it.
ClaytonYeley (Offline)
  #2 1/23/09 3:35 PM
I would say Ricky Williams. He is very young 15 or 16 I think, and he had great runs throught the season. It looked like he was going to win that 10k MSCS race at L-burg until Ballou got him.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 1/23/09 3:35 PM
Of course he wasn't exactly a rookie but Jeff Bland Jr impressed me more than I thought he would. I think he may have even impressed himself.

I talked with his Mom last April and they were Wary of running the Burg but by gosh he showed up and when he was on. Absolutely noboby had anything for him there all year. He seemed to find speed whare speed didn't exist.

Good Job Jeff!

Charles Nungester
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #4 1/23/09 4:19 PM
caleb armstrong looked good on his qualifier night at the chili bowl. i believe hes only 16? i think he ended up involved in some crashes in feature and on saturday nite
Oakland Sprint Fan
  #5 1/23/09 4:47 PM
NorCal has some good ones; Kyle Larson (Civil War 360 wins), Shane Golobic (midget, 410 wing & 360 wing wins) and Alissa Geving (Petaluma 360 wing champ). They should all be in Indiana very soon. We lose alot of drivers to Indiana!
FishBurger (Offline)
  #6 1/23/09 5:23 PM
A couple of #17's I have enjoyed following:

Kyle Robbins who I'm hearing will be operating the 17R out of Tim Clauson's shop in '09. (Comments Tim???)

and

Brett Burdette will be in the Jeff Walker stable, or so I'm told. Don't know if that means Brett will be in a Walker car or will campaign the family 17B out of Walker's shop.
Eagle14 (Offline)
  #7 1/23/09 6:05 PM
[QUOTE=ClaytonYeley;83483]I would say Ricky Williams. He is very young 15 or 16 I think, and he had great runs throught the season. It looked like he was going to win that 10k MSCS race at L-burg until Ballou got him.[/QUOT

I agree!...but I am partial. We thank everyone for the support and the fans for attending the events. Feel free to come down after any races and meet Ricky and the family, check the car out and so forth. :thumb
1021gpa (Offline)
  #8 1/23/09 6:25 PM
logan hupp had some good runs last year he was 15 at the time
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #9 1/23/09 6:59 PM
[QUOTE=FishBurger;83499]A couple of #17's I have enjoyed following:

Kyle Robbins who I'm hearing will be operating the 17R out of Tim Clauson's shop in '09. (Comments Tim???)

We are proud to be assisting Kyle and his team out of our shops for the 2009 season. One of the visions we had when we put our deal together is to be able to assist some of the up and comers.

The plan right now is to run 40-50 sprint cars shows and give him a shot in a midget during the season.

Tim Clauson
stuecklen (Offline)
  #10 1/23/09 7:47 PM
Tim,
Are you bringing any midgets out west for Manzy,Vegas,Perris??
Thanks,Ken