IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmakin (Offline)
  #31 12/12/08 2:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hubie:
Looks pretty good. Glad to see so many half miles

I will skip Kamp this year, two years of eating dust is enough for me. Logistics make no sense, which is typical. Wonder if they are going to run against the Joe James/Pat O'Connor race again this year? (this is one of my favorite races and last year it was a stock car fest) :thumbsdown:

I am torn about Kamp. Yeah, the dust and the rocks were a pain, but I have to say that I probably got some of my best pictures there. And the heat race with Levi sliding his way to the front was one of the best heat races of Sprint Week.

Kamp example:

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
1021gpa (Offline)
  #32 12/12/08 7:01 PM
as far as brownstown goes i posted the question lastnight on brownstown's website why no usac sprints in 09 and tim keithly (the promoter) said that the were told if the ran a regular show in 08 that they would get a sprintweek show in 09 and as he stated in the reply they had a change in management and didnt get a sprintweek show so they decided to sit out 09 and see what happens..you can go to www.brownstownspeedway.com and see the reply if you like
6157 (Offline)
  #33 12/12/08 7:12 PM
Originally Posted by 1021gpa:
as far as brownstown goes i posted the question lastnight on brownstown's website why no usac sprints in 09 and tim keithly (the promoter) said that the were told if the ran a regular show in 08 that they would get a sprintweek show in 09 and as he stated in the reply they had a change in management and didnt get a sprintweek show so they decided to sit out 09 and see what happens..you can go to www.brownstownspeedway.com and see the reply if you like
Sounds like Brownstown wants to jump right in and cash in on what Kokomo, Bloomington, Gas City et al. have built.

Granted Kamp did the same thing but it would have been nice if Brownstown showed some support for USAC and maybe they would have been rewarded. He obviously had the fan support.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #34 12/12/08 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by 1021gpa:
Interesting, change of management, doesn't the fair board own that track?Here is a funny one, maybe the change was someone that posts on here not announcing there anymore:eek: No offense meant CN.
At least now I can submit my vacation schedule @work.:thumb

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
6157 (Offline)
  #35 12/13/08 1:08 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Interesting, change of management, doesn't the fair board own that track?Here is a funny one, maybe the change was someone that posts on here not announcing there anymore:eek: No offense meant CN.
He was referring to the change of management with USAC.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #36 12/13/08 3:18 AM
I assure you I have nothing to do with USAC Sprints not being at Brownstown in 2009...

BUT.....

TBA On Midget Week...... Thats all im sayin...ive heard things, nothing concrete...lets just cross our fingers and hope.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
1021gpa (Offline)
  #37 12/13/08 4:20 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
sorry should have said change in management at usac..no chris nunn's name was not mentioned in the reply anywhere
sdcheek
  #38 12/13/08 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by SpfldMile:
It's a good schedule, but for selfish reasons I'd like to see at least one race in Illinois. I wish the race in Joliet would have happened last year. A sprint race at Granite City would be good too. Maybe there will be some additions.
I agree its a decent schedule, I will attend the first week, but I think I will pass on the second week. I am from Illinois and I am a supporter of USAC, I just wish they would throw me a bone once in a while and give me a race in IL. I won't attend the second week because the logistics are nuts , and my lungs haven't healed from Kamp.
Heromaker (Offline)
  #39 12/13/08 12:32 PM
TBA On Midget Week...... Thats all im sayin...ive heard things, nothing concrete...lets just cross our fingers and hope.[/QUOTE]

I have heard the same thing!!!
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #40 12/13/08 12:59 PM
Good, at least im not the only one

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com