IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou
10/20/23, 2:28 PM   #31
Re: Ballou
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Thank you for your input sir. This point has been discussed before and maybe you didn’t know what was said. I don’t go to any of the races for Usac. I’ve stated before that the product on the track is what I go for. The race teams and fans from other areas that I have met along the way. Unfortunately for me Usac is my only viable option for Non Wing sprint cars. I supported Extreme last year as well in hopes that there would be more Non Wing sprint car racing across the country. It didn’t work out.
Your are now the second person to have evaluated me regarding my psyche and now my wealth. Who would have thought based on your statement and Dr Funk’s analysis that you guys would be so so worried about an individual from Pa whom you have never met and really don’t know. Robert Ballou made a statement after the race. Some agree with him and most others don’t. I appreciate all of this unwanted concern for me but I’m gonna be ok.
It’s sad but with all of the time and energy you two spent analyzing me you could have possibly brokered a deal between the OConners and a streaming service to offer a PPV option to see Dave Darlands final race. Something I’ll bet many fans across the country would have paid for if they weren’t able to attend. I would have jumped to the front of the line to congratulate you both. Sadly instead you chose the route to come after me. I wish I knew all the type people who could do it but I don’t. Congrats to Dave on a great career. If had all of the wealth I’m accused of maybe I could afford to go out and come home before leaving for Okla. I’m not so I can’t. 🤷*♂️
Please for your sake and mine worry about your plate and let me worry about my plate. Thanks again for the concern.
How would a fan broker a deal between a track and a streaming service at this late of a date? I think if the parties involved thought it would be profitable, they would have done it. I really hope you have fun in Oklahoma. I am on the fence being able to go. I have some obligations that Friday that I need to honor.
The reason you are going is because USAC offers best paying and best run programs. They get quality cars and should get decent local support. I am glad to that have worked to get into new areas, and have brought in good sponsors to keep the racers going. They have a pretty good field of teams hitting all the races.
As a guy who saw Dave when he started I hope it is a good safe night. I still remember him beating Bobby Kinser for his first win. I was also at his most recent win.

10/22/23, 7:29 PM   #32
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
How would a fan broker a deal between a track and a streaming service at this late of a date? I think if the parties involved thought it would be profitable, they would have done it. I really hope you have fun in Oklahoma. I am on the fence being able to go. I have some obligations that Friday that I need to honor.
The reason you are going is because USAC offers best paying and best run programs. They get quality cars and should get decent local support. I am glad to that have worked to get into new areas, and have brought in good sponsors to keep the racers going. They have a pretty good field of teams hitting all the races.
As a guy who saw Dave when he started I hope it is a good safe night. I still remember him beating Bobby Kinser for his first win. I was also at his most recent win.
Actually Brent I was thinking it would be you. You boast about all of the people you know. You tell everyone all of the things you accomplished. You are it!! You are a Kokomo guy. You saw Dave’s first win! You should have been the one to handle brokering a deal. I guess you are only a just guy who goes to the races and have opinions that differ from me. Oh well. Travel safe if you go to Oklahoma.

10/22/23, 9:36 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

make it stop, make it stop, make it stop,

6 members like this post: captrat, Hubie48, OnTheHammer, Scott Daloisio, Vookie
10/22/23, 9:46 PM   #34
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Actually Brent I was thinking it would be you. You boast about all of the people you know. You tell everyone all of the things you accomplished. You are it!! You are a Kokomo guy. You saw Dave’s first win! You should have been the one to handle brokering a deal. I guess you are only a just guy who goes to the races and have opinions that differ from me. Oh well. Travel safe if you go to Oklahoma.
Please move to Hoseheads. Your history of personal vitriol is better suited there. If you do not want to move then try to respond in an unemotional coherent way on future posts. The empirical evidence of your posts is evidence. Stir the pot elsewhere..

4 members like this post: Hubie48, OnTheHammer, oppweld, Vookie
10/23/23, 12:50 AM   #35
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Please move to Hoseheads. Your history of personal vitriol is better suited there. If you do not want to move then try to respond in an unemotional coherent way on future posts. The empirical evidence of your posts is evidence. Stir the pot elsewhere..
I think its pretty funny
I have no position in this argument...
I'm a friend of Professor Funk, & I know he's a Ballou fan. He usually sides with USAC tho
If Ballou's accusations were more specific, I might have an opinion

1 member likes this post: oppweld
10/23/23, 11:13 AM   #36
Midget98

A real quick way to make all of this go away is just to let people do whatever they want with their tires. We already know that Hoosier doesn't really care about the quality of their product. Why should they? If you want to race, you have to buy from them. Also, the "little guy" might be able to make a take-off tire actually work a little better. Just let people cut, sipe, soak, or whatever they want. If their tire only lasts 8 laps, fine. If they find some magical formula to let it grip better and still make a whole feature, great. Secrets don't stay secrets very long in the racing world, so any advantage will be short lived. Some will say, "What about the cost?" Well, let's put this in perspective. The cost of racing is immense even before you add in the half million dollar haulers. The cost of tires, while not negligable, is nothing in comparison to what it costs just to field a car and get it to the track. If you're really that concerned with tire costs, you put a one right rear per night rule in and let people do whatever they want with that one right rear. Let's put this whole tire testing garbage to bed and just open it up. I hate the Hoosier monopoly and always have, but if you have to run their junk, let people try to make them a little better.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, oppweld, streetglider, TQ29m
10/23/23, 11:36 AM   #37
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
A real quick way to make all of this go away is just to let people do whatever they want with their tires. We already know that Hoosier doesn't really care about the quality of their product. Why should they? If you want to race, you have to buy from them. Also, the "little guy" might be able to make a take-off tire actually work a little better. Just let people cut, sipe, soak, or whatever they want. If their tire only lasts 8 laps, fine. If they find some magical formula to let it grip better and still make a whole feature, great. Secrets don't stay secrets very long in the racing world, so any advantage will be short lived. Some will say, "What about the cost?" Well, let's put this in perspective. The cost of racing is immense even before you add in the half million dollar haulers. The cost of tires, while not negligable, is nothing in comparison to what it costs just to field a car and get it to the track. If you're really that concerned with tire costs, you put a one right rear per night rule in and let people do whatever they want with that one right rear. Let's put this whole tire testing garbage to bed and just open it up. I hate the Hoosier monopoly and always have, but if you have to run their junk, let people try to make them a little better.
Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't know diddley about sprint car tires....

1 member likes this post: oppweld
10/23/23, 11:15 PM   #38
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't know diddley about sprint car tires....
Add $325 per tire for the super soaker in southern Indiana to your tire bill! Not $325 total, that is the cost when you deliver your tire.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/24/23, 9:17 AM   #39
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
I can’t get the pic to upload or I’d show you what everyone is paying too dollar to Hoosier for. Brand new right rear tire and it’s 2” smaller on the inside of the tread than it is on the outside of the tread. Brand new and junk.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, cowboyhar69, Dougherty20
10/24/23, 9:44 AM   #40
Blackduce

Where is American Racer or McCleary when we need them. Serious, those tires made things alot of fun. I think rr was $145. Why does this not return?
Lynn

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou