IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series
9/16/23, 5:49 PM   #31
Blackduce

Feels good to see a racer put his money where his mouth is!

Lynn

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, PIT CART
9/16/23, 8:15 PM   #32
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
Would everyone with the negative comments just shut up…. Quit ********!

Somebody comes along to help the sport and build something and people cant do anything but ***** and moan, except for Hayden.

Im nobody but a dad. I have raced since the age of 9. Raced sprint cars way back in the day. I raced non wing mostly but also raced wing too, not only dirt but pavement too wing and non wing.

My kid Shane O’Banion races sprint cars. We raced a year and a half non wing 410, a year and a half with a 305 RaceSaver, and now were racing wing 410 and he loves it! We have to frickin travel a minimum of 3.5 hours to race anywhere and have had to also travel 12.5 hours a few times this year. It sucks but it is what it is. We dont ***** or whine about it. We enjoy wing 410 racing and really appreciate Kevin Newton for this amazing opportunity to race close to home and growing the sport of sprint car racing for fans and racers too. I bet you there will be a lot of non wing guys giving wing racing a shot. Paragon, Bloomington, and Warsaw was my shot for wing racing way back in the day and the sport was frickin awesome!

Kevin Newton and Honest Abe Roofing I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done to make our sport better in the state of Indiana!!!

Jeff “Auggie” O’Banion. aka nobody…
Do we have to agree with you or can we have an opinion that differs from yours? Asking for a friend.

5 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, PAW, TQ29m, TQ97
9/16/23, 9:07 PM   #33
azsprintfan1

I wonder if there will be any streaming of these races?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/17/23, 10:04 AM   #34
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsprintfan1 View Post
I wonder if there will be any streaming of these races?
Spiker doesn’t stream anything. I would say no.

9/17/23, 1:06 PM   #35
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Oh yeah let's divide the competitor base and fan dollars even further. Will work in the self-interest of a few, but doubt it will serve the overall health of Sprint car racing in a positive way. The alphabet is already suffering from overload!
Any time anyone is willing to increase their level of financial investment in the sport its a positive. Although this may not suit your self interest, it’s still growth of the macro sprint car world, which you seem to dismiss.

This sport has been in a contraction for the last 20+ years. There are way more outbound trains than inbound in this sport these days.

9/17/23, 2:35 PM   #36
Rpracing1

Quote:
Oh yeah let's divide the competitor base and fan dollars even further. Will work in the self-interest of a few, but doubt it will serve the overall health of Sprint car racing in a positive way. The alphabet is already suffering from overload!

Do you really think that Spiker would partner in a project that is going to hurt his other weekly events? They probably are more versed in the bottom line than you are. But I’m sure I’m probably wrong.

9/17/23, 7:07 PM   #37
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Do you really think that Spiker would partner in a project that is going to hurt his other weekly events? They probably are more versed in the bottom line than you are. But I’m sure I’m probably wrong.
The Sprint car world is wider than the Spiker fiefdom.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/17/23, 7:17 PM   #38
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
Any time anyone is willing to increase their level of financial investment in the sport its a positive. Although this may not suit your self interest, it’s still growth of the macro sprint car world, which you seem to dismiss.

This sport has been in a contraction for the last 20+ years. There are way more outbound trains than inbound in this sport these days.
How do you come up with the idea it is in contraction. Actually I would posit the problem is that the talent pool and fan base are being stretched too thin because of the unbridled spread of too many formulas and sanctioning bodies. As to money always being a positive consider what happened to Indy car racing and NASCAR when monied entities moved in. Want to see it in action checkout college sports as it destroys its rivalries and conferences because TV money demands it. There is a delicate balance between money being a positive and the potential it has to damage the very thing it purports to improve.

3 members like this post: Aurora78, flagboy55
9/17/23, 8:17 PM   #39
Rpracing1

Quote:
The Sprint car world is wider than the Spiker fiefdom.
Really? Thanks for you clarifying vision. Sigh……

9/17/23, 9:17 PM   #40
Kart#51

Quote:
How do you come up with the idea it is in contraction. Actually I would posit the problem is that the talent pool and fan base are being stretched too thin because of the unbridled spread of too many formulas and sanctioning bodies. As to money always being a positive consider what happened to Indy car racing and NASCAR when monied entities moved in. Want to see it in action checkout college sports as it destroys its rivalries and conferences because TV money demands it. There is a delicate balance between money being a positive and the potential it has to damage the very thing it purports to improve.
Over the past 20 years there are less teams and car owners. Just look at the car count at the Knoxville Nationals over the past 20 years. Look at ISW counts. USAC get 30 cars for a regular show on average vs what used to be40. Lawrenceburg can’t get 20 on a weekly basis. Central Pa and Knoxville have less cars on a weekly basis than ever.

In Indiana I would agree that it’s all spread too thin because the product is the same. The fact that this series is different is why this series will provide opportunities for people to grow and make money vs doing the same and getting a very small slice of the pie. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some guys grab a wing and try to make some money.

Money will drive change. Not always bad and may not always be good but it’s called change and we’ll adapt or move on from it. The market will find the correct balance and equilibrium it always does. The reason supply and demand curves exist and move to find the equilibrium point at each move.

In regards to college athletics we can debate that for days and not get to the same place most likely.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, motorhead748
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series