IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Opinions on Perris?
10/3/15, 9:25 PM   #11
Re: Opinions on Perris?
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Also, don't forget to get as many In-n-Out burgers as you can while you are there.
That will be the first place I go after leaving LAX!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing
10/3/15, 9:27 PM   #12
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Bring me a sack of White Castle's and I will trade In N' Out's for them

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/3/15, 11:01 PM   #13
JDFAST

It's a great track for non wing, and very nice facility.

True, parking and concessions are not cheap, and you are not allowed to bring in outside food or drinks.. Many tailgate before the races.

I think the track offers pretty fair ticket prices especially if you buy all 3 nights. I would think its the most competitive non wing race of the year with the best of Midwest meeting the best of the west (and few Norcal and AZ) racers... 3 days of 410 non wing at Perris

Although we hardly get rain, if in the rare chance we do, PAS will do all it can to get all the events in (which might mean two shows in one day or a Sunday Night race. I would stay an extra day and spend it in San Diego on Sunday (Just in case u bring the wet stuff out west Whenever I go back East, i always fear rainouts with no make up date

Bottom line, if you got the time and $, its a no brainer and bucket list for all non wing fans. (But just remember traffic is a ***** around so cal and plan accordingly. If only attending races, Ontario is probably the best place to fly into.

the fun thing about multi night events, you make new friends with all the people sitting around you. Hope u can make it.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing
10/4/15, 12:19 AM   #14
ISF

We've flown out to SoCal for the Ovals at The PAS 3 times and Turkey Night once and we've never been disappointed. As has been said earlier, the facilities are second to none and the sound system is by far the best we've ever heard at a racetrack. The PAS also has the best PA race announcer in the business behind the microphone.

I'm sure the track periodically dries out but we've never seen that happen for the prelim nights nor the Saturday night finale' the 3 times we've gone to the Ovals. The one time we've been to Turkey Night (the year Kyle Larson won it) the track got dry slick and the cushion worked it's way all the way to the wall but the racing didn't seem to suffer as a result.

As also mentioned above and I will reiterate, there is a charge to park and concessions are pricey by small town Midwestern standards but one must realize this place is very near the 2nd largest metro area in the country and it is, after all, Southern California.

I would recommend going to the Ovals, the track setting, the facilities and the racing are all worth the effort and expense.

I would also add that if you're going to all 3 nights you might want to consider spending the hours before the racing begins at some of the winery's near Temcula and also the Old Town district of Temecula. In our opinion it is well worth the effort and Temecula is only about 1/2 hour from Perris.

Have fun!!!
Last edited by ISF; 10/4/15 at 12:27 AM.

10/4/15, 12:43 AM   #15
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Also, don't forget to get as many In-n-Out burgers as you can while you are there.
I had heard of In-And-Out burgers for years. I always thought that they couldn't be that much better than other chains. I wouldn't say that my first one was a revelation, but it was certainly really, really good! Their reputation is well-deserved.

10/4/15, 1:08 AM   #16
Danny Burton

Go at least once.

As a retirement gift to myself, I went in 2011 to the Oval Nationals. Marv was going to go with me but he had family obligations. So I went by myself riding the train to Riverside. Stayed in Moreno Valley.

I brought rain with me and the last day was a two show in one day event. The track is noticeably smaller than Terre Haute, but it was in good shape that year. It can get cold there, even in November.

First track I ever visited that sold wine. And had a no smoking section. Concessions were high but Ken Wagner warned me about that. I did go to In-and-Out once. It was okay.

Yes, if I can, I aim to go back someday.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

10/4/15, 3:57 AM   #17
revjimk

I never had a commercial hamburger as good as my home made ones till I tried Smashburger. Is that just a Colorado thing or is it elsewhere?
Come try one as well as other cool legal stuff... but fuhgetabout any sprint car racing....

10/4/15, 11:04 AM   #18
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

We have smashburger in Springfield Illinois, in n out burgers are awesome but I think 5 guys burgers beat them all

3 members like this post: amati, dirtnonwingfan, rachasin
10/4/15, 1:52 PM   #19
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
I have attended almost all of the Bud Nats races for over 10 years and one of the spring races a few years ago. Sometimes it is excellent and sometimes it isn't. I have seen Hagen win a midget feature from last, but I have also seen more than one feature Saturday night feature won from the front row because the track was so dry and slick that passing was next to impossible. I believe at least some of that depends on the Santa Anna winds. Two or three years ago they were so strong that parents had to tie big rocks on their children to keep them from blowing away. It is so very, very hard to keep moisture in a track under those conditions. The year before it got up in the high 90s (a record). Other years it is cool. Whatever the final feature is, you will see some great racing during the three days, and perhaps some memorable non-racing action as well. I was there when the Modern Day Cowboy was dumped in turn 1 by the son of a famous racer, strode down the track looking for the kid, only to be jumped by the father on the main stretch. Memories like that, priceless. All joking aside, I would strongly encourage you to go. A couple of practical suggestions. 1. Get there as early as you can on practice day to tape down your blanket. 2. Take more money than you think you will need. That way you can try the world famous ($8) hot dogs. I think pit passes are $150 for the three days. Not sure what they cost for practice day. With the best of the midwest and west there the pit passes are certainly worth it.
Tape down blanket? So does that mean no reserved seats? Are there seats backs, or is it advisable to bring a stadium chair?

10/4/15, 2:00 PM   #20
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Get a double as the burgers are thin like everywhere else.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Opinions on Perris?