IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
410racer (Offline)
  #61 6/18/15 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=ShamrockRacin'48G;416235]So really what would it take to oust Miller?

Good damn question. But is the problem just Miller or the whole USAC organization? Or Both?? He does bring $$ to USAC, and many people ??? where it goes. Who can answer that?? Does it go to purses for races, employee expenses, advertising( ha ha) or where? There are some damn smart people on this board that know alot and can answer alot of questions when it comes to this, if they want to.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, team3521
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #62 6/18/15 5:43 PM
I was gonna post a stupid comment saying that Davey probably didn't know anything about snowmobiles, but that's not true as I know him and his father rode them considerably!

Maybe just way too much racing and common sense were a theat to Kevin's stupidity. Anyone that thinks USAC is in even decent shape has lost their mind. If an individual is ruining it (which I agree with) too bad an individual couldn't own the series. A certain individual comes to mind, seems he makes everything he owns successful.

Greed has killed a lot more than racing, just happens to be something MOST of us care about. And how's that pavement deal working out for the USAC die yards? Impressive.
2 Likes: cleatziff, team3521
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #63 6/18/15 5:44 PM
USAC die hards. D*** spell check.
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #64 6/18/15 6:28 PM
I have to say though....why is everyone so concerned about changing things? If you own a car and they have races you want to race.....go race them. If they have a race and have cars and drivers you want to go see.....go see them.

Concerns of wanting something to be what it was or having a better future than present day are futile exercises.

Either support it or don't and it will take of itself from there.

I too have ranted and raved.....it's a pointless exercise. It causes you to not enjoy what is happening today. I don't agree with everything....but I vote for or against it by either supporting or not supporting.
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, FishBurger, groove grabber, Hamilton, interpreter66, itsanonwingthing, JMA1181, miwingless, Pat O'Connor Fan, Poorboyjocko, racefan20, Shopboss, team3521, Will Shunk
team3521 (Offline)
  #65 6/18/15 6:46 PM
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE:
I have to say though....why is everyone so concerned about changing things? If you own a car and they have races you want to race.....go race them. If they have a race and have cars and drivers you want to go see.....go see them.

Concerns of wanting something to be what it was or having a better future than present day are futile exercises.

Either support it or don't and it will take of itself from there.

I too have ranted and raved.....it's a pointless exercise. It causes you to not enjoy what is happening today. I don't agree with everything....but I vote for or against it by either supporting or not supporting.
Again, SPOT ON! Thank you!
I personally do go and still support the racers, racetracks, promoters, and unfortunately, USAC. I care about the racers, owners, (I'm both) and our investments, our hobby, basically our lifestyle. I love open wheel racing and will always go race, go to watch and support.

But on this board, for the future of our loved sport, I voice my opinion to try to insure we will have it to love in the future. It's very disappointing to me to see such a historical body killing itself with greed.
2 Likes: mowerman, ossuks
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #66 6/18/15 9:18 PM
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower:
I was gonna post a stupid comment saying that Davey probably didn't know anything about snowmobiles, but that's not true as I know him and his father rode them considerably!

Maybe just way too much racing and common sense were a theat to Kevin's stupidity. Anyone that thinks USAC is in even decent shape has lost their mind. If an individual is ruining it (which I agree with) too bad an individual couldn't own the series. A certain individual comes to mind, seems he makes everything he owns successful.

Greed has killed a lot more than racing, just happens to be something MOST of us care about. And how's that pavement deal working out for the USAC die yards? Impressive.
I made a comment on this a couple months ago and it said " go smoke " . I love usac racing and wish the best for the organization. Tony Stewart has done a great job for all the racing teams and fans. I know that he has his hands full with nascrap, Eldora, all stars, and all the other things that he has his hands in but one thing about that is he is surrounded by some great racing people that love racing and given some time I would love to see him get back the sport that made him and his organization the same thing that usac racing teams and racing family deserves. Just thinking that in time that it would be great to see what would he do with the sport that we all love.
modirt19 (Offline)
  #67 6/19/15 10:19 AM
Maybe someone with as much passion as Smoke is waiting in the wings?
team3521 (Offline)
  #68 6/19/15 12:01 PM
Why do you think it is that Smokes cars are no longer racing USAC?
CMRRacing (Offline)
  #69 6/19/15 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by team3521:
Why do you think it is that Smokes cars are no longer racing USAC?
Exactly. Smoke is a very smart business man and has a great group of individuals with his group. They do not do anything without a bunch of due diligence. They are very smart and methodical. I say if the USAC thing could be saved he would have stepped in. I know he loves the non wing. However, it is a business for him and his group. So he went to where his money told him to go. Sad, but that is the way the world turns now.

I think if someone could support it both in time and money. It would be a well supported idea to have a new group come out and be for the racers. That is why I try to support the BOSS and the MSCS as much as possible. They are for the racers and Aaron Fry with the BOSS series could give USAC a damn college course on how to run a show.. I have mad respect for him and his group.

Just wish it could go back to the 80's and 90's. Thursday Night Thunder and the "DO & the King show"!. Rumor has it one of them is coming back. I am excited to see and hear it upon it's return.

Wooooo.. Racing!!

4 Likes: Indy1808, Ken Bonnema, ossuks, team3521
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #70 6/19/15 9:36 PM
[QUOTE=LEADERS EDGE;416237]Anyone remember who gave a glowing review and thumbs up to the hiring of KM?[/

The answer to this question will leave some here disillusioned.