IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #1 11/15/22 8:16 PM
The Belle-Claire Fairgrounds are officially for sale. 22 acres including an expo hall and dirt track being sold as is. $2.4 million. I believe we have seen the last of the venerable dirt track. This will be gobbled up for some type of development.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #2 11/17/22 6:04 PM
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:
The Belle-Claire Fairgrounds are officially for sale. 22 acres including an expo hall and dirt track being sold as is. $2.4 million. I believe we have seen the last of the venerable dirt track. This will be gobbled up for some type of development.
This was my favorite midget track,by far. I used to plan my racing season AROUND when they ran midgets there.

I wonder what it would be developed for. The sewerage treatment plant is right next door......
10 Likes: erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, Jonr, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, Steve Wendel, tirespinner, TQ29m
RacinBabe (Offline)
  #3 11/18/22 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:

I wonder what it would be developed for. The sewerage treatment plant is right next door......
Taco Bell seems appropriate 🤣🤣🤣

Kelly
6 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, motorhead748, racenut69, WinglessLovers
Blitzman (Offline)
  #4 11/18/22 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by RacinBabe:
Taco Bell seems appropriate 🤣🤣🤣
Or a Rib Crib lol
Pitdad (Offline)
  #5 11/18/22 1:48 PM
I’m disappointed with this board. All the love for Little Belleville. All the memories. All the angst at losing another great venue.

Here’s a chance for all the track management wisdom expressed on this board to be put into action. All the track prep knowledge to be applied. All we need to do is crowd source this deal and buy the facility. With all the surefire promotional knowledge exhibited, there’s no doubt that the $2.4M will be paid off in 5 years.

Who’s in?
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Dirt Trackker, dirtnonwingfan, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, oppweld, Rcar, TQ29m
bullring (Offline)
  #6 11/18/22 2:47 PM
So are they moving the fair to another location? Fairgrounds around me seem to have plenty of money to throw around. Odd if they are just selling the grounds.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 11/18/22 3:00 PM
Or a 2 story WalWart!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #8 11/18/22 3:07 PM
Or a Copart Inc.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
TQ29m (Offline)
  #9 11/18/22 3:39 PM
Maybe the Chinese will find lithium on it, or already know it has!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #10 11/19/22 11:06 AM
Based on the asking price and the location it will be interesting to see who is interested and what might happen there. Someone asked or mentioned moving the fairgrounds. It is not a publicly owned facility. Belle Clair Inc. is listed as the ownership group. Many folks don’t recall this factoid, but the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds was for most of it’s life a privately owned facility as well. The state of Illinois took possession in 1986.
7 Likes: erich45, Grocery Guy, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, racenut69, ronmil, TQ29m