IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gsxr 600 & 1000 has no spark
3/31/14, 9:59 PM   #1
Gsxr 600 & 1000 has no spark
hoscalecody

Ok I have a problem we have a Gsxr 600 unknown year and a 02 Gsxr 1000 both of them have no spark the spark plugs have been replaced. The 600 was started ran for a few min my uncle had to go do something came back wouldn't start and checked spark and had none its same with the 1000 just it wasn't started but it was ran in the car in 2011 or 2012 if i'm correct.

1 member likes this post: therocket50
3/31/14, 10:20 PM   #2
D.L. 122

Is it stock harness/fuse.

4/1/14, 12:40 PM   #3
Re: Gsxr 600 & 1000 has no spark
DAD

Hos

If it has ran in the past, and I think you said that it did, it should run again.. With electronics the problem can usually 95% of the time be traced to a corroded ground. The other 5% is usually broken or shorted wires and my favorite bug The Male connector that doesn't fit the female connector anymore. When taking these multiple pin connectors apart some of us ham-fisted people jam them in a little sideways and spread the female connector out until it doesn't make good contact with the male anymore. Since one plug may have 20 or more connectors in it it is hard to know if that is your problem or not. What I have done is take a male connector from an unused plug liike tail light etc. solder it on to a short piece of brass welding rod. Then take this spl. tool undo the plugs and check each and every female connector. You will know when you find a bad one.

The other piece of advice is if it is a sensor it will probably be a cam or crank sensor. We carry extra ones with us. Sometimes all you have to do is switch them out and you find the problem.

When we first went to electronics we had a cam sensor connector that was a little loose fitting. The darned thing would start up run fine for a few minutes and then die and wouldn't start until it cooled down again. Took about 4 races to figure that one out, then by accident I wiggled the cam sensor plug while hot and trying to start it and BAM the darned thing started.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/1/14 at 12:47 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gsxr 600 & 1000 has no spark