Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
7/13/13, 12:18 PM   #151
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaumeyer48 View Post
Three items:

1. Bill Gardner....I posted Nay back a few pages.

2. To all: a few pages back it was mentioned that a meeting is in the works for the off season.

3. Quintrill : your like a record with a big crack.....big crack.....big crack......big crack....zzztt .... In it. It looked as though Bradley had let it go, but you are like my sister in law.....you just can't let go of something......please let it lie, attend the meeting and everyone work out a set of rules. If Engler is not allowed....then it's not allowed.

Phrase to remember:
Like trying to pick fly $h!t out of pepper.

Posted via Mobile Device
So now we got three people**** Andy, me and somebody by the name of cbeumeyer48 voicing their opinion. That would be 2 to 1 the nay's have it. I love democracy. I would like to thank "ebc" for breaking the tie.

Honest Dad himself

7/13/13, 12:21 PM   #152
Quantrill

OK Andy,, I guess a joke is only funny when the other person gets it.We are OK and will move on from here.

Just a little side note on the cheap walbro fuel pump that everyone uses. In the winter or if I know I am going to not race for weeks I take them off and flip it so the inlet is up and pore marvels mystery oil in them. About once a day you will have to add more oil as it works its way down in the pump. I think what this does is penetrate the seals and o-rings in the fuel pump and then the alky is not able to dry them out. Because marvels mystery oil and alky don't mix? I have been running the same pump for over two years now. Maybe I just have a good pump but I will keep doing this?

7/13/13, 12:28 PM   #153
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
OK Andy,, I guess a joke is only funny when the other person gets it.We are OK and will move on from here.

Just a little side note on the cheap walbro fuel pump that everyone uses. In the winter or if I know I am going to not race for weeks I take them off and flip it so the inlet is up and pore marvels mystery oil in them. About once a day you will have to add more oil as it works its way down in the pump. I think what this does is penetrate the seals and o-rings in the fuel pump and then the alky is not able to dry them out. Because marvels mystery oil and alky don't mix? I have been running the same pump for over two years now. Maybe I just have a good pump but I will keep doing this?
Try the Mallory 60fi pump the fuel does not go through the motor and they have a special alky seal.

Honest Dad himself

7/13/13, 2:06 PM   #154
cbaumeyer48

Good responses.... I will try the trick on the walbro first. If not will try the Mallory pump. ....and I am being serious on this.... Good info.

(Gavel smack). Court adjourned!

Everyone be safe racing this evening. CB

Posted via Mobile Device

7/13/13, 2:17 PM   #155
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaumeyer48 View Post
Good responses.... I will try the trick on the walbro first. If not will try the Mallory pump. ....and I am being serious on this.... Good info.

(Gavel smack). Court adjourned!

Everyone be safe racing this evening. CB

Posted via Mobile Device
The old walbro does not have any seals just a couple of oil impregnated bushings I guess that Marvel is lubing them bearings again. Marvel should mix with alky because it contains a tiny portion of nitro propane that is used to cut the varnish in the engine. Helped a guy do his masters thesis on oil additives. We also use a cap of Blendzall per gallon as a top end lube, good for valves and injector pintles it also makes that stuff smell a lot better.

Honest Dad himself

7/13/13, 2:20 PM   #156
DAD

TQ 29 are you going to Brownstown today.

Bill Jones

1 member likes this post: suzuki756
7/13/13, 5:03 PM   #157
D.L. 122

I have a serious inquiry! What kind of set up is the injector plus fuel rail mentioned by quantril? Is it an alky conversion? Just curious been looking for an alcohol setup that just switches small parts instead of complete setup.

7/13/13, 9:01 PM   #158
cbaumeyer48

Posted via Mobile Device

7/13/13, 9:12 PM   #159
Quantrill

Dad,,, just for you. This picture is alky with Marvels mystery oil in the bottom pooling up like blood. It does not mix.

D.L. 122 what are you looking for exactly? You can piece everything together yourself as I did. And after I posted my info I got to thinking about it you don't have to have a power commander anymore so you could take $300 off of the price I listed and have Hyper racing reflash and program your ECU to use alky. Injectors you can buy online on ebay or other injector sources. Fuel rail I got from Guhl motors sports. Not sure you really need V-stacks and air filter set up to start. What motor are you running and what year?
Attached Images
test 123.jpg (418.2 KB, 18 views)

7/14/13, 1:10 AM   #160
RoyaltonMiniSprint

After reading 16 pages of post which took 1hr. and 1/2. Here are some of my observations.

1. Computer keyboard salvo wars never settle anything.

2. We need a common set of rules so we can travel to different race tracks if we want to.

3. I too have a Engler mechanical fuel injection system (oh my God!!!). My car is about 95% done getting closer to the other 5%. Probably be legal to drive around my back yard. Have to check with my Competition Director on that one ( Wife ).

4. Made two trips to MALS races Mark and Phil are real nice people they're passionate about saving our lightning sprint class.

5. Haven't ever met you Andy but have met your brother he's also a nice fellow hope he gets better and gets back to racing.

6. Went to two MALS races to personally meet with Mark & Phil to see if I could race my ENGLER ( oh my GOD!!! #2 ) injected car with them in 2014 with a 50 lb. wgt. penalty. Meeting was highly productive.

7. As far as the poor guy that started this thread on page 1 he inadvertantly started an uproar with keyboard salvos possible fist fights and whatever.

8. Mike Dicely builds nice race cars and they have won a lot of races but so have Stallard, Sawyer, Factor 1, Triple X and so on.

9. I too have a lay down radiator in my GRP Lightning Sprint my car builder has been putting them in his race cars for years (Champ Cars,Sprint Cars, Midgets, even my boys micro which I've started to put together.

10. Finally from what I see we all need to come together to save our class of racing. Too many people have left our sport for Sprint Cars. Some will spend a lot more money than we do but won't have the bickering and fighting that I have read for the 1 and 1/2 hrs.

2 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints