IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > hoosier m compound?
6/11/13, 12:53 AM   #1
hoosier m compound?
D.L. 122

Anybody remember the hoosier m compound? Any details on it? All ive gathered is they are hard and quit making them in 99 or 2000. Anybody have any personal experience or opinions. I recently bought tires and found it in the stack.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/11/13, 11:17 AM   #2
Re: hoosier m compound?
darnall

Back in 99-2001 a lot of the guys who ran micros in this area had M50 compound right rears...pretty sure they were M50..they were the hardest compond micro tire they made at the time, usually puncjhed around 65 on the durometer, and I was told they were the same tire as the NMMA spec RR tire without the NMMA stamp on them.

6/11/13, 11:49 AM   #3
Re: hoosier m compound?
TQ29m

Don't know about Hoosier, but McCreary used to make at least 3 grades of compounds, the SD series, for soft durometer, MD for medium durometer and HD for Hard Durometer, I bought a couple of HD65's at Dayton's auction one time, to run indoors, and still got em, and only ran one, two different times, and you still can't tell it's been run! When you'd grind it to get the marbles off it, sparks would shower like steel! Bob

2 members like this post: D.L. 122, Roy Bleckert
6/11/13, 12:10 PM   #4
D.L. 122

this tire is for a midget or mini sprint. its an 80

Posted via Mobile Device

6/11/13, 12:12 PM   #5
D.L. 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Don't know about Hoosier, but McCreary used to make at least 3 grades of compounds, the SD series, for soft durometer, MD for medium durometer and HD for Hard Durometer, I bought a couple of HD65's at Dayton's auction one time, to run indoors, and still got em, and only ran one, two different times, and you still can't tell it's been run! When you'd grind it to get the marbles off it, sparks would shower like steel! Bob
wow i felt it and knew it was hard but thats crazy

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > hoosier m compound?