IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Race morphs into Stock Car Race
7/12/11, 12:32 PM   #11
Re: Sprint Car Race morphs into Stock Car Rac
ISF

Well, my humble opinion is that the promoters can run a half dozen support classes and it's fine with me as long as they run the headliner feature first.

1 member likes this post: crow
7/12/11, 1:05 PM   #12
backitin

One support class, but nonwing sprintcar related. I'd rather see a good uprite minisprint race, 1225 cc max, no weight rules then them so called modifieds. Give the Sprintcars their week. Run the mods and what have you as support classes on regular nights. But that being said I'm totally biased in the way I think, Sprintcars are all that matters, been that way for 45 years. I live smack dap in the middle of big block modified country, you'd have to pay me to go watch them race.

3 members like this post: McInturff Racing, mud goodsleeve, Sprints!
7/12/11, 1:34 PM   #13
Big Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Well, my humble opinion is that the promoters can run a half dozen support classes and it's fine with me as long as they run the headliner feature first.
JMO but I don't think this is good enough... Save the track and only run the program with one support division. Indeed run the headliner feature first as well but postpone the heats and b's from all the other divisions until after the headliner feature is completed.

1 member likes this post: erich45
7/12/11, 4:04 PM   #14
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

You know what kills tracks,,,,,,is downtime with nothing moving or going around....gotta have something...i agree only 1 support class

7/12/11, 5:21 PM   #15
familyguyattic

I think sprint cars are the best division, but I also like late models and modifieds every once in awhile, and i do agree that the slower divisions drag on the show but sometimes i still try to get into the race and sometimes its a good race, sometimes its not a good race especially if theres a yellow every other lap.

7/12/11, 7:17 PM   #16
TNRustler

I prefer one support division at a sprint race. It eliminates much of the downtime and many times I've seen it help the racing surface. By running only one support division, it also allows the sprints to run last which I prefer because I love going into the pits after the race. Unfortunately alot of the drivers load up and leave as soon as they're done racing. I really can't blame them because it's can be a long night for them too but then fans don't get the chance to go meet their favorite drivers.

7/12/11, 9:00 PM   #17
kcarm92

so does that mean tri-state will have three support classes, non wing sprints, ump mods and john deere tractors

7/12/11, 11:58 PM   #18
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
so does that mean tri-state will have three support classes, non wing sprints, ump mods and john deere tractors
I have been going to Tri State Speedway for at least 45 years and have always heard people pissin and moanin bout the john Deere show. But I have never heard a bad word about them after the races were over .

4 members like this post: erich45, koolaid89, PJ Wright, randy j
7/13/11, 8:10 PM   #19
Bad Dad 54

We went to atrack to race w/ our club & there was 4 support classes. We got home at the crack of dawn.

7/13/11, 11:30 PM   #20
koolaid89

Honestly, stock cars on DOT tires are a smart track prep guys best kept secret... Did you notice the difference in the surface from the end of the Sprint heats and the end of the Pure Stock main?

Ideally, I would have ONE support class on ISW nights.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguyattic View Post
I think sprint cars are the best division, but I also like late models and modifieds every once in awhile, and i do agree that the slower divisions drag on the show but sometimes i still try to get into the race and sometimes its a good race, sometimes its not a good race especially if theres a yellow every other lap.
The best way to curb that is a 10 or 15 minute time limit.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I have been going to Tri State Speedway for at least 45 years and have always heard people pissin and moanin bout the john Deere show. But I have never heard a bad word about them after the races were over .
Some folks just don't know how good they have it... Track prep in other states is a joke, ESPECIALLY my home state (Michigan) I'll take a well orchestrated John Deere show any day of the week if it comes with the TSS racing surface... I wouldn't care if it took a hour. It's always worth it in the end.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Race morphs into Stock Car Race