IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trying to identfy an older mini sprint!!
10/30/11, 2:42 PM   #1
Trying to identfy an older mini sprint!!
PrinthouseGraphics

Hello all! I am new to the board and looking into getting into mini sprints here in Central Ohio. Luckily we have some great builders in the state that are willing to take time to lend some assistance to a newbie in the field. I just happened to come across an older car very near my home that I went to look at this past week. The owner knows very little about the car as he bought it from an auction approx 12 years ago. The info he knew about the cars past was that he thought it was ran in Southern Ohio, possibly at 35Raceway. It has a 600 cc Suzuki in it at this time and appears to have 13 inch front wheels and 10 inch rear. I am trying to identify what type of chassis this may be. It has coil overs on all 4 corners. It needs A LOT of work which I am not opposed to jumping into if I thought I could get this thing for an incredibly low price. As far as the rebuild I have access to a full restoration shop which would include a blast room, a full machine / metal shop, about any type of welding we would need, powder coating and any type of painting we may need. I am just trying to figure out exactly what we may have here and if it is even worth jumping into even at a very low price point. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. I will attach a few pics and have a ton of close ups of all the parts.
Attached Images
401.jpg (898.1 KB, 311 views)
403.jpg (886.0 KB, 261 views)
404.jpg (811.6 KB, 225 views)

10/30/11, 3:20 PM   #2
TNR22

I don't remember ever seeing that car at 35. Without knowing what you are planning on doing I would say even if you got that car for free you would be better off getting a more up to date car,you will spend less in the long run the 600's are almost gone in Ohio and there are some really good deals out there on race ready 1000cc mini sprints now. PM me and I will be glad to help if I can
Posted via Mobile Device

10/30/11, 7:20 PM   #3
Re: Trying to identfy an older mini sprint!!
TQ29m

JMHO, but you could give the economy a big boost, and lose some weight off your hip, even if you got it, and some money, about all you could do would be part it out, you might get enough out of it, to buy tickets to a couple of races. If it had anything at all to do with history, it might have some value as a resto piece, but I don't think that's what you have in mind. Bob!

10/30/11, 7:44 PM   #4
zeromotorsports

Elvis ran that car, TCB!
Posted via Mobile Device

10/31/11, 6:35 PM   #5
PrinthouseGraphics

The TCB logo was the only good selling point! I have obviously started looking at much newer cars!

11/1/11, 8:14 PM   #6
Phylo82

As someone else mentioned, even if you got the car for nothing the cost of getting it updated and able to race would probably cost more than buying a good, used, modern mini-sprint.

The other problem you will have is getting help with car setup as it is unlikely anyone you race with will know anything about the car.....it's just not worth the time and frustration.

Check with Larry Fasse at SpeedPartz, he has some nice used cars at his shop.

www.speedpartz.com
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trying to identfy an older mini sprint!!