IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Garrett Aitken
8/4/20, 7:53 PM   #11
Re: Garrett Aitken
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Not bad for a kid that raced POWRi Midgets!...
May I ask Whats wrong with POWRI Midgets? Some of the best racing I have EVER seen was POWRI Midgets!!!! More often than not, their fields are filled with a lot of USAC cars, same thing with USAC races, guys race both series. So again I ask Whats wrong with racing POWRI midgets?

8/4/20, 7:58 PM   #12
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Not bad for a kid that raced POWRi Midgets!...
And WHATS WRONG WITH POWRI MIDGETS? Most guys race PowrI and USAC series. Some of the BEST races I have EVER SEEN were POWRI MIDGETS. So again I ask Whats wrong with POWRI MIDGETS?

8/5/20, 9:41 AM   #13
Heromaker

Didn't see like Shane Cottle was a fan

8/5/20, 9:47 AM   #14
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heromaker View Post
Didn't see like Shane Cottle was a fan
Yes I thought that was very funny! Cottle SHOULD have been very impressed and should of left as a FAN of Aitken! Think Cottle going to be seeing a lot of Aitkens bumper in the future. He tried and tried to intimidate Aitken and the kid could not be shook.

8/5/20, 3:50 PM   #15
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
May I ask Whats wrong with POWRI Midgets? Some of the best racing I have EVER seen was POWRI Midgets!!!! More often than not, their fields are filled with a lot of USAC cars, same thing with USAC races, guys race both series. So again I ask Whats wrong with racing POWRI midgets?
I think Mike was pointing out he has raced with POWRi in the past,and wasnt knocking him at all. From some of the replies on here,I dont think that many have really heard of him.Maybe they dont read the POWRi results ?

I'll agree with POWRi having great racing. I havent been in awhile, (No fault of anyone other than myself) but it wasnt all that long ago I did the majority of the POWRi schedule despite all the racing right here in the back yard in Indiana,and many times against the popular opinion of where I should be going that weekend. One time I was even told I "wasnt a real race fan" as I chose going to Little Belleville to watch POWRi when USAC and the Gold Crown were 30 miles away. At the end of the night I had watched the features at both Little Belleville AND the Gold Crown,so I Thought I made a pretty decent effort trying to be a "Real Race Fan".

I went against the popular opinions,as I went where I thought I'd see the best racing on any particular weekend,and POWRi delivered that,and of course in the process I have seen Garret Aitken race with them many times over the years.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 8/5/20 at 3:52 PM.

8/5/20, 5:56 PM   #16
racenut69

Not a damn thing,Jim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/5/20, 10:06 PM   #17
jim goerge

Mike Sorry guess I just took it the wrong way

1 member likes this post: racenut69
8/5/20, 10:38 PM   #18
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

He got a win last year at LPS and put a spanking on them that night. He has got better and better each time out.

8/6/20, 8:10 PM   #19
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Wonder if he is related to this man who led the first lap of the first Indianapolis 500 in 1911?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Aitken
I've wondered that too since the first time I saw him a cpl years ago, Not only did Johnny lead the first lap, he has won more races at IMS than any driver in history
Last edited by racer5c; 8/6/20 at 8:12 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bland65
8/7/20, 12:28 PM   #20
dirt330

where could you get one of this kids t-shirts ?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Garrett Aitken