IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BradBurk (Offline)
  #1 3/19/20 5:06 PM
USAC needs to looking putting on a IRacing series for the USAC drivers to complete in during the shutdown of all sports.

Yahoo new: In lieu of actual race, Fox Sports 1 to broadcast iRacing event featuring NASCAR drivers

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fox-spo...201327200.html
richie (Offline)
  #2 3/19/20 5:38 PM
Stay tuned...
6 Likes: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, openwheelfan1, SDHill89, Sprints fan 11, Tony74
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #3 3/20/20 8:51 AM
This is a joke , right?
2 Likes: luckybuc97, PIT CART
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #4 3/20/20 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
This is a joke , right?
Not a joke.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #5 3/20/20 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
This is a joke , right?
Why would it be?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #6 3/20/20 9:42 PM
It’s a joke to me. Not that people do it, I think it’s great and actually plan on doing it someday myself, but I have absolutely no interest in watching it. My take only, nothing against anyone who does. But I’m like “would you watch flag football?” Besides if I need some racing there’s so much archived content of races I’ve never seen and even great ones I would watch again. One example is Kinser and Haud on the Syracuse Mile. I could watch that daily and still be entertained
5 Likes: J Watson, luckybuc97, PIT CART, Rpracing1, Speedmax3
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 3/21/20 5:38 PM
They do it anyway. Playin is one thing, Watching VR is another.
Meh

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: flagboy55, PIT CART
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #8 3/21/20 6:52 PM
Instead of looking at it as a negative we should look at the positives since we can’t race anyway. It keeps people engaged, gives drivers and series a place to promote their sponsors while they can’t race right now, and since other series with larger fan bases are doing it, it gives dirt racing a chance for more exposure.

Also a lot of young people are interested in it and there’s always talk of reaching young fans and keeping them interested so here’s an opportunity to try something.
2 Likes: erich45, trannyman
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #9 3/22/20 4:44 PM
Believe it or not it was a good race. The last 5 laps was close racing. 4 cars going in the final lap could of won. Hamlin beat Dale Jr coming off 4 with a little banging. Not the same but it was something live.

edit. Please dont shame me but I was desperate 😃
AJMartin (Offline)
  #10 3/22/20 5:01 PM
Swindell Speedlab did a race earlier this week with quite a few open wheel racers. It was with street stocks (easier to drive) at Charlotte and while it had quite a few cautions that I think they will get worked out and hopefully do it again. It was very well done (minus the numerous cautions) that I believe that fans would like to be a part of. The big thing was they were able to tap into the audio portion of the racers racing during it. I figured NASCAR would have done more of that today but that to me is what the fans want to experience and be a part of as it allows them to connect with the drivers. Just my opinion, but even once real racing comes back after everything passes, I think there is a market that can continue to be tapped into allowing "inside" connections with the racers and help grow with fans.