IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
smith19 (Offline)
  #11 10/14/12 6:12 PM
heard the collins family is in the mix again. (currently work at the burg). seems likr ever time something comes up about t/c their name comes up...

CHRIS SMITH
Rogue-9 (Offline)
  #12 10/14/12 6:29 PM
Originally Posted by hupp#9:
His connection isn't who you think it is bob lol. But they aren't buying it just promoting it

Posted via Mobile Device
Joe Spiker is "just promoting" LPS too.
cope42 (Offline)
  #13 10/14/12 7:11 PM
and brought it back to life !
Big_Sally
  #14 10/16/12 4:02 PM
Hey I announce the football games at the Jennings County High School and am a diehard race fan. I would love to lend my help to the local track. just let me know.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #15 10/16/12 8:02 PM
For me some good fencing will do to bring back some sprintcars. That's all I care about for now. The place is fast. That would be the best place to start rebuilding.
TQ29m (Online)
  #16 10/17/12 7:04 PM
Has there been any new fact about who all is involved in this promoter change, or, what their plans are? Just interested in facts, not hope and change, as usual, there is a lot of work to be done there, and nothing that isn't expensive, the racing there is great, IMHO, but it's a 24-7 deal, mother nature likes to wash things away, like the pit area, the pit rest rooms, the concession stand in the pits, not to mention the fence, and the bleachers on both sides, there is a ton of money to be spent there, to get it back to where it was when Allison bought it, there have been a lot of people bought it with "dreamsickles", and lost their butts, and I know several of them personally, they all had good intentions, but it is almost overwhelming the costs to make it happen. I hope it does, and I hope it makes us all proud to race there, but I'd want to own it myself, if I were going to put that kind of money in it, then if I didn't make it, at least I could recoup some of my investment, it seems like for the past few leasers, or owners, it has been passed on to the next investor, to continue to put more money in it, only to be short just a bit, and have to see it all go to the next investor. JMHO, love to see it brought back. Let me add, if Sumo can run earth moving equipment like Ray could, that part will be a piece of cake! Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
1021gpa (Offline)
  #17 10/17/12 7:16 PM
there are pics on dirtscoops of them reworking the track looks to me like they have taken alot of the banking out
sportster1 (Offline)
  #18 10/17/12 8:28 PM
Alright Sumo, way to go!

Posted via Mobile Device
hupp#9 (Offline)
  #19 10/17/12 9:50 PM
Facts: no new fence to expensive and Allison won't come off with any money
: 10k in new boards for bleachers
: 80 tons of new dirt on track
: and work to be done to the bathrooms

All I have heard so far and this was from the mans mouth

Posted via Mobile Device
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #20 10/18/12 12:07 AM
The fence is a very important part of the improvements! Hope they can get funding somehow! It is still one of my favorite tracks to race on!

Posted via Mobile Device