IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #1 7/10/19 4:55 PM
Any besides me ever been there? It's gone now, like so many others. What a wild place, should have been the 8th wonder of the world, it was on our schedule twice a year for several years, you had to maintain at least 50mph to even think about staying on the banks, but I sure was a place to have a great time. I think the trucking company that shared the location ended up with it all. Thought I'd just throw that out there, maybe calm down some unhappiness! Got my electric bill today, looks like I'll be home bound for a while.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, mlamb, SPD 37, stealth43k
mlamb (Offline)
  #2 7/10/19 5:10 PM
Yes sir been to the Atomic speedway, in Oak Ridge, Tn. many times. Usually a couple of times a year. Neat place, it’s a shame it’s gone for sure. I’d always liked Atomic (Tn) Bulls Gap and Tazwell and their high banks.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, oppweld, SPD 37, TQ29m
JackSam40 (Offline)
  #3 7/10/19 5:33 PM
Went to a winged show in early 2000s and really liked the track, too bad they closed it the next year.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, TQ29m
SPD 37 (Offline)
  #4 7/10/19 6:14 PM
Atomic TN! Great track!! Hate that it’s gone!!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, mlamb, TQ29m
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 7/10/19 6:38 PM
I was only there once. It was an early spring All Star show. Drizzled the whole time. Joey Saldana turned a 10.9 in qualifying. Pretty quick for a third mile. Feature was rained out after a huge storm with tornadoes moved in.
2 Likes: mlamb, TQ29m