IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing
2/15/09, 10:50 AM   #101
Re: The Future of Midget Racing
PARKS

I checked out the Forum rules also and if you read all the way to the bottom you'll find this.

"The rules and the moderating team are here to keep the message board a fun, positive place to socialize and share information. Many forums fall apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense, and that is the fate we are actively trying to avoid. We are ready to treat you like a mature, responsible adult, and if you behave as such, you won't have any problems here."

2/15/09, 2:52 PM   #102
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Good to see you've no ability to read. His name is right there.

And by the way, quit posting off-topic!!
OK... There is no name on this guys post, at least on the posts in this thread. Maybe your computer shows something different than mine.

Clear it up once and for all then. What's the guy's first and last name?

And my off-topic post was in answer to his uncomplementary remark, of which he has historically posted similar remarks numerous times and almost always off topic. Sorry, do you research, Spridge. These guys have the same song and dance with thier off topic incomplementary nonsense and they repeatedly violate the rule quoted by Parks.. Don't drag me down to their level, Spridge.

And you're off topic too!!! hahahaha
Last edited by DonMoore10; 2/15/09 at 2:56 PM.

2/15/09, 8:11 PM   #103
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
..... These guys have the same song and dance with thier off topic incomplementary nonsense and they repeatedly violate the rule quoted by Parks.. Don't drag me down to their level...

The pot calling the kettle black.

2/15/09, 8:43 PM   #104
DonMoore10

Don't like it, don't read my posts. Real simple.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 2/15/09 at 8:50 PM.

2/15/09, 8:45 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Always appreciate the compliments from the Anonymous.
"What are we going to do tonight, Mr. Moore?"
"Try to take over Midget racing!"

Narf!

2/15/09, 8:51 PM   #106
indywally

Just like everyone else I am looking to shave costs this season but it is so hard to when a few people still have huge amounts of cash to throw at thier cars. I do think that USAC is making a good move by only allowing combo chassis in the Focus division in 2010 but I hope they dont stop there, a shock rule eliminating those $1000 each shocks would help and the tire cost has to be dealt with someway. The only other goverening device that would help reduce cost is a RPM check and a limit such as 7000. However the Midget series is the one really in trouble as cost continue to sprial and payouts fall. It is hard to listen to people complain though who are driving a $80,000 rig with one car in it, a driver with a $3000 custom made suit and a $2600 custom painted helmet, a $6000 pit cart that has the same amount of tools in it a $100 Craftman box would hold but they didn't borrow the money from me so ... But just like we have always done we love racing and we will race, maybe we can't travel as much, and have to pass on a few meals or as Tyler always says "lets just get some fries" or race every week but racing will survive!

2/15/09, 8:57 PM   #107
indywally

Hey Don lets just go get a cup of coffee. Arguing just always ends up making the actual issue mute and goes nowhere..Wally Sexton

2/15/09, 9:30 PM   #108
Anderson36

For what it's worth, just to throw some numbers out on the table. I won the UMARA National Midget title this past year. We ran well, 1 win, 2nd. place 5 times and in the top 5 I believe 9 times.

From Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st.

$12,950.00 in deposits
$13,760.29 in bills paid out

That's a loss of $810.29

To me the title of CHAMPION was well worth the money.

However I do agree that something needs to be done to cut the cost's. Of the probably 20 nights we ran, 98% of which we bolted on 3 new tires.

2/15/09, 9:42 PM   #109
DonMoore10

And you were able to take the entire purse home with you. For an owner like me who hires drivers, cut that purse in half and you're really in the hole.

2/15/09, 9:52 PM   #110
Anderson36

Actually Don, I have a partner in the ownership and we split the winnings down the middle.

Plus I was just thinking about it, the only NEW parts on my car at the beginning of last year were to 2 rear radius rods, a torque tube and ball and the bell housing.

Jimmy Anderson

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing