IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wingman (Offline)
  #11 7/27/14 1:45 PM
Originally Posted by john3g:
I think there were more fans at Eldora.... WoW there's a ton of empty seats..
Attendance seems to be getting worse every year.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #12 7/27/14 1:52 PM
Originally Posted by john3g:
I think there were more fans at Eldora.... WoW there's a ton of empty seats..
And prime seats, too. You could pretty much walk in right now and sit behind the flag stand.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Vukie (Offline)
  #13 7/27/14 5:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
And prime seats, too. You could pretty much walk in right now and sit behind the flag stand.
...and be sound asleep within minutes...
4 Likes: Crankin, flatout18, jim goerge, speed bump
bigq11 (Offline)
  #14 7/27/14 5:34 PM
I thought it was a pretty good race. The 24 TEAM were pretty much spot on today. Of course, I've been a fan of Jeff since he first showed up at Bloomington at the age of 13. We then followed him for the Ohio All Star Sprint week that year. I was especially impressed with his awareness of what was happening around him on the track. It was pretty apparent then that he was going places.
5 Likes: fish, FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, team3521, wright59
retired14 (Offline)
  #15 7/27/14 8:35 PM
Was there ever any doubt as to who was gonna win the Brickyard today?
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #16 7/27/14 10:11 PM
NASCAR has sanitized the cars and drivers so much over the years that I just fail to drum up any interest at all anymore. Obviously, from the tons of empty seats, I'm not alone. They've wrung the rivalries, experimenting on the cars with all the specs and driver personalities right out of the sport. Some of these drivers today have the personality of wet paint, though, so maybe there's not much to know anyway.
trecraft (Offline)
  #17 7/27/14 11:19 PM
Went to the first Brickyard 400. That night we went to Putnamville. Our cell phone weighed more that our suitcase. Those were the good old days. Next year maybe I'll go to my second Little 500 in Anderson since 1975. Even if it costs more than $6.00
kidrock (Offline)
  #18 7/27/14 11:24 PM
I still happen to like Nascar myself but, that being said Nascar needs to dirty up the cars and take the aero dependency out of them and the racing would get much better. One thing they could do is straighten up the front window but, I realize they are trying to get the cars back close to what you drive on the street that's not going to happen. They need to drop some tracks and the Indy being one of them. They need to change the format. If it was me I would run just like what your local tracks do and that would be heat races, consi and the main event with the main event being shorter in distance so, as to take about the same time it would to run a 500 mile race. I think if they would do this the racing would be better. I get tired of them cursing for 450 miles and then racing the last 50 miles. As far as the crowd at Indy or any other track for that matter it seems like Nascar is not the only one struggling with that.
racenut69 (Offline)
  #19 7/28/14 5:38 AM
I remember when he won his first one,he was supposed to be at Haubstadt that night signing autographs,but his plans were changed..My wife was upset cause she didn't get to meet him!...LOL!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
retired14 (Offline)
  #20 7/28/14 8:23 AM
NASCAR is the WWF of auto racing.