IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
8/24/08, 9:43 PM   #11
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
Race Fan

I have seen this movie before.It was released in 1996,and was called Cart vs IRL.It was a huge flop at the box office and set indy car racing back 20 years in its 11-12 years.Everyone struggles in 2 separate series with 15-20 cars.That really makes the racing a lot better.I wish you luck in your venture but my guess is an organization that has been around for 48 years is doing something right.

8/24/08, 10:24 PM   #12
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabjr111 View Post
They use the same car for both.
They do use the same car but not tires and set up. It may not be an issue and could be a possibility.
MTQRL website
Follow us on Twitter or Text "follow MTQRL" to 40404 in the United States.
Find us on Facebook.

8/25/08, 12:11 AM   #13
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Fan View Post
but my guess is an organization that has been around for 48 years is doing something right.
Or has never had a serious threat of a rival organization......

8/25/08, 7:30 AM   #14
TqMidget41&84

Posted via Mobile Device

8/25/08, 7:32 AM   #15
TqMidget41&84

UMRA has great tradition.......when it was ran by the membership as intended......not by one group of racers.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/25/08, 11:33 AM   #16
STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TqMidget41&84 View Post
UMRA has great tradition.......when it was ran by the membership as intended......not by one group of racers.
Posted via Mobile Device
The great tradition is what I loved about the UMRA when I first got involved with them. I think racing should be fun, competitive and I want people to look forward to going to races. A lot of our past summer plans included the races.

Indiana is the heart of racing. In no other state will you find so many great racing teams and series. It is truly heaven for the race fan.
MTQRL website
Find us on Facebook.

8/25/08, 12:01 PM   #17
TqMidget41&84

Very well put....
Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/08, 8:51 AM   #18
Shawn

I totally agree with TQ97. There has never been another series come into the area that UMRA races. UMRA is pretty much drama each season, but it's not drama from great racing, or car counts, like it used to be. Each year, there's something that creates a stir with this series. Each year, the Goff Racing cars, teams, or drivers are at the center of it all. Whether it's doing idiotic things on the track, complaining about weight and motors, or just the fact that they get back, they're always doing NOTHING good for the sport, period.

I also read where someone said that the Goff's sell tickets. Are you kidding me?! I know quite a few people that don't go to UMRA events, simply because of how the series is run and the Goff's. UMRA has not and will not stand up to the Goff's, especially Terry. UMRA's made their bed, so let them sleep in it. If my thought's are correct, they won't have a bed in a year or two.

Now, back to the new series. If this new series listens to the drivers and teams, then they can be successful. Have them be involved with everything that goes on. Have ALL of the rules "cut and dry", so there's no need for judgement calls, all of the time. Whether it's on the track, or down to motors and chassis. Really appreciate the racers and teams. This really goes a long way, I think! They are who is putting on a show for your series. Finally, appreciate the fans and give them some good, fair, quality entertainment that is we can tell is being run by a great, professional organization!

Thank you! :checkered:

8/26/08, 9:22 AM   #19
STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I totally agree with TQ97. There has never been another series come into the area that UMRA races. UMRA is pretty much drama each season, but it's not drama from great racing, or car counts, like it used to be. Each year, there's something that creates a stir with this series. Each year, the Goff Racing cars, teams, or drivers are at the center of it all. Whether it's doing idiotic things on the track, complaining about weight and motors, or just the fact that they get back, they're always doing NOTHING good for the sport, period.

I also read where someone said that the Goff's sell tickets. Are you kidding me?! I know quite a few people that don't go to UMRA events, simply because of how the series is run and the Goff's. UMRA has not and will not stand up to the Goff's, especially Terry. UMRA's made their bed, so let them sleep in it. If my thought's are correct, they won't have a bed in a year or two.

Now, back to the new series. If this new series listens to the drivers and teams, then they can be successful. Have them be involved with everything that goes on. Have ALL of the rules "cut and dry", so there's no need for judgement calls, all of the time. Whether it's on the track, or down to motors and chassis. Really appreciate the racers and teams. This really goes a long way, I think! They are who is putting on a show for your series. Finally, appreciate the fans and give them some good, fair, quality entertainment that is we can tell is being run by a great, professional organization!

Thank you! :checkered:
We will rely heavily on the drivers and teams for imput. The door will always be open to suggestions. We are new to this side of racing and hopefully we can all work together to reduce the learning curve. It will take a few years to build up. I want an organization that will be around forever.

I want to make the rules as cut and dry as possible and have an experienced racing legal team helping with that. But I also know, as much as we try, there will be exceptions that warrant judgment call. Rules will then be changed to spell those out for the future. The rules should be as fair as possible. I just don't want to see deliberate acts of violence. There is no place in a dangerous sport for that. I trust that the officials will be able to tell the difference between a deliberate take out and a racing incident. A lot of racing is luck. I don't plan to change rules to decrease competition. I don't believe in penalizing someone because they weigh less or have worked hard to create a faster engine, within the specs. Now we will check for magnets on the gas pedals. So don't even try it. LOL

We want to create a series that allows for growth and improvement in the sport. Where drivers can get experience and perfect their skills. We want to create opportunities for drivers to move up if that's their wish or just have places to race. Some place where the fans can go to watch exciting racing and meet drivers. I want it to be fun again.
MTQRL website
Find us on Facebook.

8/26/08, 9:38 AM   #20
jrhgramps

I agree with Racefan, a club that has been around for 48 years must be doing something right. This club has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years, as far as car count, and fan popularity. The economy this year has hurt alot of racing clubs. This club is maintaining its traditions as well as growing, they are racing Rushville and some of the fairs as well as some of the finest tracks in Indiana. I do not have a problem with competition if it is done for the right reasons and not sour grapes. Some people always get down on consistent winners. My questions to STP would be what are your qualifications to run a racing association? Have you been a car owner, a track owner or a promoter? Would just like some more info!!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming