IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to october 1
10/3/15, 9:00 AM   #1
Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to october 1
admin

10/3/15 8:51 AM LAWRENCEBURG'S "FALL NATIONALS" POSTPONED TO OCTOBER 17

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...-to-october-17

LAWRENCEBURG'S "FALL NATIONALS" POSTPONED TO OCTOBER 17

Lawrenceburg, IN........Adverse weather conditions, including persistent rain and cold temperatures, have forced postponement of Saturday night's AMSOIL USAC National Sprint race at Lawrenceburg Speedway. The "Fall Nationals" race has been reset for Saturday night, October 17. It will be the final 2015 USAC Sprint Car event in the Midwest.

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, smith19, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner
10/3/15, 9:05 AM   #2
PIT CART

This is huge news might have to make other plans I love double headers.

10/3/15, 9:18 AM   #3
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to octob
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Its the right call.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FALCONEDDIE
10/3/15, 9:20 AM   #4
i love dirt track racing

Kokomo klash Friday night and the burg on Saturday. Could be a great weekend.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, speed bump
10/3/15, 10:31 AM   #5
rdzsprint

Agree 100 % with postponement for tonight. Who made the decision to put it off until the 17th?? Just now checked the Weather Channel and it calls for a high of 76 and 10% chance of rain for Sunday. Do they really believe the chances for warmer weather will be 2 weeks from now ?? Sunday would have been a pretty nice weather outlook. If it's snowing on the 17th,...they certainly passed up a decent forecast for tomorrow.

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing
10/3/15, 11:17 AM   #6
Wingman

Good call on the 17th versus Sunday for those of us that drive a distance to see the race and have to go to work early the next day. As far as cold weather....dress for it...not a big deal to me.

10/3/15, 11:46 AM   #7
i love dirt track racing

Woo reschedule show at the burg is Friday the 16th.

10/3/15, 11:48 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I made the call Look at the other thread LOL.

Sundays forecast is a little better but we're still supposed to get a lot of rain on top of the past 18hrs straight.

17th was on Usac's schedule anyway, Next weeks the sprintacular and MSCS at Haubstadt
Burg had already rescheduled WoO to the 16th and there's almost totally NOTHING else on the schedule for that date other than LM/Mod Kokomo Klash. Decent weather and it could push 50 in both shows of teams that still can and want to race, Added to the points chasers. Haud's, Hannigan, Ballou, Hines, Abreu and a few others might run both shows.

Who knows what the weather will do. March and Oct are never predictable.

10/3/15, 11:53 AM   #9
i love dirt track racing

Clauson also might be in the house for both nights at the burg.

10/3/15, 12:50 PM   #10
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdzsprint View Post
Agree 100 % with postponement for tonight. Who made the decision to put it off until the 17th?? Just now checked the Weather Channel and it calls for a high of 76 and 10% chance of rain for Sunday. Do they really believe the chances for warmer weather will be 2 weeks from now ?? Sunday would have been a pretty nice weather outlook. If it's snowing on the 17th,...they certainly passed up a decent forecast for tomorrow.
Dam dude want some cheese with your whine. Your pick for tomorrow would be very tough for anyone who is from out of town I for one have a eight hour drive round trip to get to the burg which be pretty tough to do if had to be at work Monday. The 17th seems best way to go as some big races already happening next week end but just about everybody else is shut down after that so the Burg should pick up a bunch more cars.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to october 1