Gas City Seats
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Got mine down for the year,ready for opening night

4 members like this post: JMA1181, johnnythunderhead, Russ, SPRINTCAR
3/21/14, 8:27 PM   #2
Re: Gas City Seats
Flatrightrear

Go get'em, Aero. Hope you are doing well.

3/21/14, 11:54 PM   #3
ossuks

If anyone from Gas City is lurking? This allowing people to save seats for the season is why so many of us NEVER attend races at your facility.

3/22/14, 2:25 AM   #4
treecitytornado

Ossuks has a good point. Especially for people that want to visit, it is very upsetting to have all the good seats taken, even when you get there before anyone else. Maybe Mel will change this!

3/22/14, 9:51 AM   #5
bojo20

Have been driving to Ind. from Ariz. for 17 years for Sprint week and love it.But skip Gas City because of their STUPID seat policy.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/22/14, 11:01 AM   #6
Tall Jackson

The ones putting down seats for the year are the ones in the stands every week. With out them what do you have? Suck it up. Its not always about you. There are plenty of seats.

7 members like this post: AERO410SCJA, BrentTFunk, dickster, mowerman, Onlydirt, Russ, speed bump
3/22/14, 11:15 AM   #7
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Jackson View Post
The ones putting down seats for the year are the ones in the stands every week. With out them what do you have? Suck it up. Its not always about you. There are plenty of seats.
But what if they don't show up every week or don't use all the seats they reserve? I've seen this practice abused pretty badly by some. I've seen people mark three rows of seats and only used the middle one. Nothing worst then seeing 12 seats marked and only 4 used. BTW I can't speak on Gas City just other places were this practice is permitted.
Last edited by davidm; 3/22/14 at 11:17 AM.

3/22/14, 2:06 PM   #8
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
If anyone from Gas City is lurking? This allowing people to save seats for the season is why so many of us NEVER attend races at your facility.
I feel if you beat me to put your seats down on a Friday before the show then hey you win, you deserve them. But putting them down for the whole year stinks, this is why I only go for sprint week and that's it.

4 members like this post: ossuks, speed bump, spicoli, tim brown
3/22/14, 3:24 PM   #9
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Jackson View Post
I doubt very seriously that most weekly shows are a sellout. It would seem that the compromise would be to not allow this practice for special events. People who live close enough could surely replace there blankets, etc. In reality I would prefer the complete elimination of this practice, but am willing to compromise. It is especially onerous to those who spend significant amounts of money and time to attend the special events. Finally it truly unfair when people mark off more seats than they are fairly entitled to. The quote "It is not always about you", would seem more applicable to those who abuse this practice, since they are in effect asking for special treatment not afforded to others.

4 members like this post: erich45, Flatrightrear, luckybuc97, ronmil
3/22/14, 3:38 PM   #10
NEMA88

This conversation gets started two to three times every year. Just to let you know we have friends that will come watch us race several times a year. They have always been able to find a top row seat on a Friday night. There are plenty of non-marked seats in the top several rows. Yes there are a few people who mark their seats that probably do not show up every week. But after a reasonable amount of time, say when heats have started, if no one has shown up I don’t see any problem with taking the seat. I have absolutely no problem with a track rewarding its dedicated weekly fans by allowing them to sit in the seat they choose week in and week out. Without these fans our sport and local tracks would not exist. Are there not people who hold season’s tickets to other sporting events who don’t show up every week and still have a “reserved” seat?

All you people sit here and ceaselessly complain about Gas City. Just to let you know I have heard people say more than once after their first visit to Gas City that from what they had read online (most likely here, from you) they would have though Gas City was a $h*t hole, and they were surprised with how nice the facility actually was.

Do you complainers realize that by you not going to Gas City simply because you do not like the seating you are making it really hard for the track to stay open? Furthermore, as shown by the example above, there are a lot of people out there who have not attended Gas City purely because of your whining?

I’m willing to bet that if Gas City has to close its doors because attendance is low and they cannot afford to pay their staff, their purse, and other expenses that you same people will be the first ones to complain that another short track has closed only for a shopping mall to be built on top of it.
Instead of complaining and not supporting the track, and complaining and running other paying/potential customers off, why don’t you all start telling everyone what you like about our local tracks, and showing up to sit in the stands. I know if I was a new/potential fan you would not get me out to a facility that I hear such terrible things about.

If you want to see where complaining and not supporting our sport is going to get us just check out the Lost Speedways page on Facebook. Maybe that will make you think twice about what result your actions have on the sport you all claim to love so much.

Abby Hewitt

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats