IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trouble getting 600 mini to start
2/8/12, 9:55 PM   #11
Re: Trouble getting 600 mini to start
darnall

TQ29m just reminded me of another problem I had with a 600cc motor once...I actually flooded it pretty bad trying to get it to start, and actually washed the cylinders down with alky bad enough that it lost compression....A compression check showed me that was my problem, and I'm pretty sure my dad used some automatic transmission fluid in the cylinders to get the rings to seat again and the compression was back.

2/9/12, 12:02 AM   #12
hotracer11f

Sorry, thought I had gotten to the fuel and didn't. It's running on straight gas, and is carburated.It's all bone stock. I haven't done any wrenching on it other than changing the battery bolts. I'm not sure what has gone a wry from the time it started and drove on to the trailer through now that it doesn't want to fire. I think im going to try putting a heater or two out in the garage to warn thing up and give it another shot. Thank you all do much!

Posted via Mobile Device

2/9/12, 9:58 AM   #13
TQ29m

Thanks, now maybe we can work on it. I seriously doubt your battery being up to the task, I'd jump it off a bigger battery, if you knew how those starters work, you'd understand it better, I really wouldn't worry much about it, till the weather gets warmer, or you can get it in someplace, and let the whole thing warm up, doesn't sound to serious to me, and if you want to be able to start it once in a while, get yourself a Battery Tender, and just leave it hooked up all the time, that keeps your battery at full charge, all the time. You might have the battery "load tested", at AutoZone or someplace, it may be saying Adios! Bob!

2/29/12, 11:47 PM   #14
weirracing

might of fouled the plugs when you got them so wet put some new plugs in let your garage warm up charge the battery up its easy to foul out the plugs when you flood it when its cold out the cold should not effect it as much on gas as with alky fuel psi on carbs 4 to 5 psi . you might try to fire it with new plugs with the fuel pump off until it starts it will help if you have too much fuel psi hope this helps (how old is the fuel in it how long did it set before you got it )

4/15/12, 4:44 PM   #15
backitin

A stock 600 should fire up ok even when its cold, I run by bike almost year round. One thing that is real important if it has carbs and is being stored in a unheated garage is to l drain the gas from the bottom of your carbs pretty often. You will be amazed at the amount of moisture mixed in your fuel bowls after just a couple weeks, from condensation.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trouble getting 600 mini to start