IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy legends weigh in on Alonso
4/18/17, 3:47 PM   #1
Indy legends weigh in on Alonso
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Here is a link to a Robin Miller column that is good for some laughs:
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/13...h-in-on-alonso

4/18/17, 4:02 PM   #2
Re: Indy legends weigh in on Alonso
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

That is very funny!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ronmil
4/18/17, 9:09 PM   #3
Rapid Rick

You can almost picture that conversation. So lucky to have heroes like those guys when I was growing up.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
4/18/17, 9:18 PM   #4
Kart29

I regret clicking a link to an article written by that ass

1 member likes this post: flatout
4/19/17, 4:47 AM   #5
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Robin Miller,one of the sports great ambassadors and story tellers.Im glad I clicked the link to the article

4/19/17, 9:35 AM   #6
TQ29m

For what it's worth, I finally decided Robin Miller was the only one, trying to put Indy back together, when it got broken up so bad, I didn't care for him for a while, but then I finally got to feeling sorry for him, and his battle to right the ship, then things became clear, he didn't mince words, he had a lot of shots fired at him, but in the end, I feel like Robin was the only one that really knew what was happening, I like Robin! JMHO! Bob

4/19/17, 11:04 AM   #7
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Really enjoyed the article, resonated with me down to my soul. No issue with Alonso, I think it's great he wants to come and give Indy a go. Glad I clicked the link. Thanks for sharing.

4/19/17, 11:35 AM   #8
ossuks

Does anyone REALLY think that a F1 champion is not qualified to run an Indy Car but a guy that runs a short dirt oval is? Are Indy Cars really easy to drive? When was the last short track racer successful at Indy? Sure, there are guys with the talent scattered out through all forms of racing that could get the job done...but what ones have been successful and where have they come from? I can think of some very talented racers that have tried those easy to drive Indy Cars that have multiple endings on a flat bed?
Just saying....RM and all the old timers can argue their case but me, I think these Indy Cars take a great deal of talent and finesse just to make laps, and an enormous amount of talent to run up front! I also think it takes a great deal of talent to get around Eldora in a sprint car or Knoxville in a wing car...Just saying, IMO those Indy Cars running 220 + inches apart might take a little more talent then it takes to sit behind a key board and belittle them!

4/19/17, 4:37 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

I think Robin's article was written tongue and cheek. I too think guys who drive Indycars are very talented. I just wish the NASCAR tracks would run them. Talking about Chicagoland, Kansas, and Kentucky. This would give more of our guys a chance.

4/20/17, 8:54 AM   #10
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Does anyone REALLY think that a F1 champion is not qualified to run an Indy Car but a guy that runs a short dirt oval is? Are Indy Cars really easy to drive? When was the last short track racer successful at Indy? Sure, there are guys with the talent scattered out through all forms of racing that could get the job done...but what ones have been successful and where have they come from? I can think of some very talented racers that have tried those easy to drive Indy Cars that have multiple endings on a flat bed?
Just saying....RM and all the old timers can argue their case but me, I think these Indy Cars take a great deal of talent and finesse just to make laps, and an enormous amount of talent to run up front! I also think it takes a great deal of talent to get around Eldora in a sprint car or Knoxville in a wing car...Just saying, IMO those Indy Cars running 220 + inches apart might take a little more talent then it takes to sit behind a key board and belittle them!
Tony Stewart.(short tracks)
Robby Gordon.(off road/dessert)
Both did very well at Indy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy legends weigh in on Alonso