IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taylor and O’Gara set for Speedrome Face-off
4/24/17, 2:56 PM   #1
Taylor and O’Gara set for Speedrome Face-off
USSA

The 2015 and 2016 UAW American Made Mel Kenyon Midget Series Champions are set to renew their rivalry this Saturday night at the Indianapolis Speedrome. The newly renovated East Indy racing landmark will host Kyle O’Gara and Dameron Taylor in their first on track duel since O’Gara clinched the 2015 Championship over 2016 Champ Taylor in October of 2015.
“I have always dreamed of driving for Don and Mel (Kenyon) and bring home some hardware for 3K Racing,” said O’Gara. “We have had a lot of success at the Indianapolis Speedrome over the years and look to continue that Saturday,” he continued.
O’Gara believes the car prepped by the Kenyon brothers is the right fit for his return to the UAW American Made Mel Kenyon Midget Series. “First of all, I have to thank the Kenyon brothers for giving me the opportunity to get back behind the wheel. I am a firm believer that races are won in the shop which is why I have so much confidence in Don and Mel.”
Among the active UAW American Made Mel Kenyon Midget Series drivers O’Gara tops the Speedrome Performance Chart with 6 wins and one top ten while Taylor claims 3 victories, 10 top five finishes and one top ten spot
The two drivers will have 50 laps to settle the issue. It won’t be without stiff competition however. Ryan Huggler, Trey Osborne and an improved Tommy Kouns all finished in the top five at the last race at Anderson Speedway. Each of these drivers looks to have a break through win at the Indianapolis Speedrome.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taylor and O’Gara set for Speedrome Face-off