IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > 4 Speed top loader for Sprint Silver Crown
3/22/17, 12:12 PM   #1
4 Speed top loader for Sprint, Silver Crown, Indy
wbjrace

The conversion which I have done 4 is put the close ratio gear set from a FORD toploader into a Jeep T176 transmission. The jeep TX is "top loader" inside with an aluminum case and top shift. It has 2 adapter plates to adapt the rear to a Halibrand torque tube connection. I put one in a front engined Offenhauser Indy car. I am selling the package of a 1965 Close Ratio Ford Tranny (Galaxie 390 - HEH BL) plus a T-176 case (photos) and the necessary adapters. One would need to buy the T-176 main shaft ($160) and the T-176 rebuild kit (about $80). The Jeep gears were too wide for the Offy motor so we put the close ratio gears in. We had to make a custom bell housing for the Offy but it would be easier with a stock Chevy bell housing on a Chevy engine. Please email for photos and info on the Main shaft and the rebuild kit. I can't get more photos in. Price is $1500 plus shipping. I am coming up to Elkhart Indiana mid-May and can drop the two pieces off.
Attached Images
DSCF0390.jpg (59.5 KB, 129 views)
DSCF0391.jpg (39.6 KB, 108 views)
DSCF0389 (1).jpg (55.8 KB, 80 views)
Last edited by wbjrace; 5/1/17 at 4:44 PM. Reason: no longer for sale

5/4/17, 10:22 AM   #2
Re: 4 Speed top loader for Sprint, Silver Crown, Indy
bzneil

Sent you an email
Neil

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > 4 Speed top loader for Sprint Silver Crown