IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Magazine
10/31/08, 7:36 AM   #1
Open Wheel Magazine

Is there any way to get old Open Wheel Magazine articles on line, or emailed to me? Specifically, I would just like to have the article from the January 1993 issue on the car that Charlie Fisher disigned & built. Thank you.

10/31/08, 8:03 AM   #2
Re: Open Wheel Magazine
bigmojo5

Your best shot is E-Bay, or going to racer trade or memorabilia shows shows and hoping someone has one for sale on their table. Posting on here might also lead you to someone with an extra. Had you posted on Monday instead of today, I actually might have been able to help. Several Open Wheel Magazines -- including those from 1993 -- were sold at the Dayton Auto Race Fans Injured Driver's Benefit Auction. The first issue of Open Wheel that came out in 1980 went for $65. An autographed sidepanel from Helio Castroneves' car went for $55.
Jim Morrison

10/31/08, 8:11 AM   #3
ThrottleHead

Send Kyle an email. His dad has MANY old magazines racing related.
kyle@talk2drivers.com
Posted via Mobile Device

10/31/08, 8:27 AM   #4
cmakin

I have a bunch (if not all) of Open Wheel Magazine issues. January 1993? I will look when I get home between handing out candy this evening. It might not be too hard to find, since I bound them all up five years ago when I moved into my current house, and I haven't gone through them since. They are sitting on the deck, in my closet. Oh, my floor. Sorry about that.

10/31/08, 9:11 AM   #5
Supermod
Inactive Member

Jim,

I hope you paid the all the sales tax, when you bought Helio's wing.

later,

Bob Mays

10/31/08, 9:56 AM   #6

Even if one of you guys that had the issue could scan the picture(s) of the car from that article, that would be sufficient-I don't need the actual text. Maybe post them here as a reference, since car safety has been such a hot topic lately with Arin's and Jeff Shepard's recent injuries. I am considering doing something like what Charlie built to one of my cars over the winter-as least the funny car-style wrap around cage part. While I saw it many times, It's been too long ago to remember exactly what it looked like.

Thanks.

10/31/08, 10:40 AM   #7
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6565 View Post
Even if one of you guys that had the issue could scan the picture(s) of the car from that article, that would be sufficient-I don't need the actual text. Maybe post them here as a reference, since car safety has been such a hot topic lately with Arin's and Jeff Shepard's recent injuries. I am considering doing something like what Charlie built to one of my cars over the winter-as least the funny car-style wrap around cage part. While I saw it many times, It's been too long ago to remember exactly what it looked like.

Thanks.
If I have it, I will do it (scan and post, that is).

10/31/08, 3:34 PM   #8
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Would this be what you are looking for?

Attachment 469

Sorry it is just a photo of the magazine page.

This is the issue with Drinan's flip on the cover. Talk about safety concerns!!!

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

10/31/08, 6:25 PM   #9
cmakin

Page One (too large to get all at once)
Last edited by cmakin; 10/31/08 at 7:34 PM.

10/31/08, 7:37 PM   #10
cmakin

Page 2
Last edited by cmakin; 10/31/08 at 7:45 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Magazine