IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #11 11/27/20 4:09 AM
Puppy, I think you totally misunderstood my post! I'm talking strictly about caring about the talent of Sprint Car, Midget, & Champ Dirt Car Drivers, like Tony George did!! That's my background as a FAN & a RACER.
** I NEVER SAID THAT GUYS LIKE Dixon, Helio, Kanaan, etc., don't have an enormous amount of talent!! I said, unlike Tony George, Roger Penske, is making No efforts for the Sprint, Midget, & Champ Dirt Car Drivers!! It's obvious by the schedule at 75% Road & Street Courses. He has the resources & connections, but chooses to do Nothing. 😉
2 Likes: jim goerge, jonboat15
Blackduce (Offline)
  #12 11/27/20 6:04 AM
The great days of dirt cars on mile dirt always produced a great Championship year. I remember
Ruby running the rear engine
car on a few dirt tracks.
Those days the foreign drivers ran the Indy 500 and went home. A few stayed for Milwaukee mile.
Took the dirt cars out of points and foreign drivers stayed.
Any body know how this Happened?

Lynn
mc/rider (Offline)
  #13 11/27/20 7:36 AM
Originally Posted by Puppy:
Indy cars on mile DIRT,thats my dream

When in doubt Gas It
5 Likes: Blackduce, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racenut69, sc17x
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #14 11/27/20 8:23 AM
Hey if nascar is going to do it, maybe indycar will be next......doubt it but we can dream.
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #15 11/27/20 12:50 PM
Gateway had some good races with very respectable crowds.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
3 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, treecitytornado
captrat (Offline)
  #16 11/27/20 9:29 PM
It really is pretty simple. The Speedway fell in love with rear engine cars and the European mystique. Before I get flamed I understand it was a natural development for pavement racing. The problem is the powers that be decided that dirt racing was not deserving of inclusion primarily because the owners were now predominantly from a road racing background. Isn't it ironic that the most increasingly popular styles of motorsports are on dirt. What goes around comes around.
3 Likes: Blackduce, dirt330, PIT CART
wbr (Offline)
  #17 11/28/20 1:30 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Indy, Springfield, Du Quoin, Sacramento, etc. Those are are all nice ovals
Does Sacramento still have a dirt mile?