IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #11 6/29/18 8:54 AM
Ron no matter where you go Have fun buddy It was great seeing you last weekend at LPS
4 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, ronmil, wildman92
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #12 6/29/18 10:05 AM
Lots of competition for cars Saturday. LPS, Kickapoo, and right up the road from there Joliet has the WAR cars. That's where I'll be. With the Wild Child, and the Buckeye Bullet running with the Allstars, 2 of my all time favorites, want to go see them before they decide to call it a career. And they both are running well this season. Also the closest track to home. Rarely get any kinda sprint cars less than an hour from home
6 Likes: GYATK94, i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, ronmil, spicoli, WinglessLovers
ronmil (Offline)
  #13 6/29/18 1:29 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Ron no matter where you go Have fun buddy It was great seeing you last weekend at LPS
Thanks! It was great seeing you again! Hope to see you next weekend at the Bill Gardner Sprintacular!

Ron Miller
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #14 6/29/18 1:34 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Lots of competition for cars Saturday. LPS, Kickapoo, and right up the road from there Joliet has the WAR cars. That's where I'll be. With the Wild Child, and the Buckeye Bullet running with the Allstars, 2 of my all time favorites, want to go see them before they decide to call it a career. And they both are running well this season. Also the closest track to home. Rarely get any kinda sprint cars less than an hour from home
Flagboy55,

Can't blame you for supporting a good show like that at Joliet. Have fun and enjoy!!!

Cringing at six divisions plus vintage sprints at Daugherty on Friday so thinking about four divisions and Gas City on Friday. Looking at Danville on Saturday but they also have six divisions plus vintage sprint cars so I don't see being able to handle two long shows in back to back nights so limiting to one at Daugherty. Coming off a six division and nine division programs in Mississippi and Louisiana last weekend bugging out after three divisions and 11:20 on Friday and four divisions and 11:30 on Saturday. You can see why I am gun shy especially with very hot temperatures and humidity forecasted in the next three days!!!

Enjoy everyone no matter where you go and keep hydrated (with water or sports drinks not only with beer) and be safe.

Bruce Eckel
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Speedmax3 (Offline)
  #15 6/29/18 1:57 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I am trying to decide whether to hit my usual Saturday night stop at Putnamville or head up to Danville for the MSCS show. I have no idea what to expect in the way of car count at Danville. It has been a few years since I've been there and it is an easy drive up SR63, but I would like educated guess about car count. I have no idea how many cars show up at stand-alone MSCS races.
MSCS usually have a pretty good payout. I would expect them to have a decent amount of cars.
nathans1012 (Online)
  #16 6/29/18 2:52 PM
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers:
Flagboy55,

Can't blame you for supporting a good show like that at Joliet. Have fun and enjoy!!!

Cringing at six divisions plus vintage sprints at Daugherty on Friday so thinking about four divisions and Gas City on Friday. Looking at Danville on Saturday but they also have six divisions plus vintage sprint cars so I don't see being able to handle two long shows in back to back nights so limiting to one at Daugherty. Coming off a six division and nine division programs in Mississippi and Louisiana last weekend bugging out after three divisions and 11:20 on Friday and four divisions and 11:30 on Saturday. You can see why I am gun shy especially with very hot temperatures and humidity forecasted in the next three days!!!

Enjoy everyone no matter where you go and keep hydrated (with water or sports drinks not only with beer) and be safe.

Bruce Eckel
Don't worry about the car count at Daugherty. They get about 7-10 Modifieds a week, and maybe 5 or 6 cars in the other classes. A couple weeks ago they had about 35 cars across their 5 weekly divisions.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #17 6/29/18 4:22 PM
Agree about the classes at Daugherty/Kickapoo. They won’t have more than 8-10 cars in any of those classes. I hope it is a good show for those of you that attend. There is some irony with the choice between these two tracks (LPS/Kickapoo). LPS was promoted by Dave Allison, who destroyed the reputation of that track, while Joe Spiker did great things at Danville. Then Joe gets LPS and revived it, while Danville has been taken over by a promoter who might as well be the 2nd coming of Dave Allison in terms of race track promotion.
ronmil (Offline)
  #18 6/29/18 4:42 PM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
Agree about the classes at Daugherty/Kickapoo. They won’t have more than 8-10 cars in any of those classes. I hope it is a good show for those of you that attend. There is some irony with the choice between these two tracks (LPS/Kickapoo). LPS was promoted by Dave Allison, who destroyed the reputation of that track, while Joe Spiker did great things at Danville. Then Joe gets LPS and revived it, while Danville has been taken over by a promoter who might as well be the 2nd coming of Dave Allison in terms of race track promotion.
Didn't know that Joe Spiker ever ran Danville.

Ron Miller
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #19 6/29/18 4:47 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Didn't know that Joe Spiker ever ran Danville.

Yes he did
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
spicoli (Offline)
  #20 6/29/18 5:02 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I'm going to see the non-wing cars! Close to home for me, too. I'll have the Cubs hat on.