IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
1/21/14, 1:05 AM   #51
Re: Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
Scott Daloisio

Actually. Charles, STTM has been to more races than you and me and about any other four people on this board combined .

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/21/14, 1:13 AM   #52
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
MAV TV did not even show what really happened when the two collided. Who else got run into during the week and ran up to someone's pit wanting to correct the situation? Spring needs to get here soon for some of you.
They didn't because it was behind the action with one lap to go. You can see the start of the incident and the result.

I don't favor either driver. I do believe if you dish it and Brad ran him into the cushion a couple laps before the wreck. You should be expecting the consequences. No offense meant to Mr. Kuhn. Just a racing deal. You were trying hard.

Heres the B main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13bFz18zmHo
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/21/14 at 1:18 AM.

1/21/14, 7:37 AM   #53
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Thanks for that link Charles; it doesn't show much of the last lap incident, but one very interesting thing is that it showed Cottle banging one of the Loyet cars pretty hard a couple of laps earlier, which could have ended badly for the orange car. But stuff like that happens in open wheel racing on a tight little bullring, right? I can understand Brad taking one last shot at a transfer into the biggest Midget race in the country (world?), and I can understand Shane's frustration at losing that transfer on the last turn of the last lap, especially after being in a pretty solid third for much of the race.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/21/14, 3:13 PM   #54
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osborn View Post
Your blind. Watch the video again. When Kuhn dropped his head, Cottle threw a couple upper cuts and connected... Not impressed? Lol. Whatever. Who could have been impressed when you have 30 people pulling you back from a guy that deserved to get his head ripped off...... One on one and you woulda seen impressed.
two of the lamest uppercuts I've ever seen...... and I watched it again ...... looks more like a pushing than punching and, he had time to get something done before he was restrained ..... BTW this is a "stupid" thread but, I knew it would eventually be good for a couple of chuckles

1/21/14, 4:37 PM   #55
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
two of the lamest uppercuts I've ever seen...... and I watched it again ...... looks more like a pushing than punching and, he had time to get something done before he was restrained ..... BTW this is a "stupid" thread but, I knew it would eventually be good for a couple of chuckles
Agreed. You go charging in someone's pit you better be punching not pushing. That was no fight.

1/21/14, 6:56 PM   #56
4wheelsinthekoosh

Maybe this well help you Wayne and Eric Sar·casm
särˌkazəm/
noun
1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

1 member likes this post: fish
1/21/14, 9:15 PM   #57
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
Maybe this well help you Wayne and Eric Sar·casm
särˌkazəm/
noun
1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
Billy, it's obvious that some people just read the title of a thread and get so consumed with anger that they don't even bother to read what's in the post, before they fire off a response. If they did, in this case, there's no way they wouldn't know that you were kidding around. Unless they were doing shots while watching the Chili Bowl.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1/21/14, 9:50 PM   #58
grinch

well said brad kuhn..................you nailed it correctly

1/21/14, 11:59 PM   #59
sttmn

I am serious. Fighting on the track or in the pits is not acceptable. Anyone that does should be penalized. It is not a good messag4e for our sport.

1/22/14, 1:59 PM   #60
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Dumping cars that you can't pass cleanly is not acceptable. It seems to have become the norm at the Chili Bowl, but doesn't change the fact that it's a BS way to race. I know some car owners are fed up with watching their equipment get torn up by this style of racing, and I would be too.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!