IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nitrofunny (Offline)
  #1 9/27/15 9:47 PM
Anyone else happen to see the rumor he is retiring from Cup racing after next year? I'm not sure at all how much truth is behind it. I did see it on Twitter guys!
TQ29m (Offline)
  #2 9/27/15 9:50 PM
I saw it on Yahoo news, for what that's worth! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Leohr46 (Offline)
  #3 9/27/15 9:51 PM
Yes. I just read a clip on that.
Tony isn't happy where he's at right now for various reason. He must clear his mind, get his head back in the game or simply walk away.
This is a sport that you must be all in a hundred percent of the time.
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 9/27/15 10:13 PM
Here is a link to the story I read...http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/...re-2016-season

Ron Miller
Nate (Offline)
  #5 9/27/15 10:17 PM
He hasn't been racing the same since the whole Ward thing. I don't blame him for hangin' it up.

The guy is a true triple crown champion with USAC, multi time NASCAR champion, IRL champion, won a couple Chili Bowls, and won in just about anything else he's ever driven whether it's a winged 410 or a NASCAR truck. The stuff he's accomplished is only rivaled by a few other racers in history IMO.

After next year he can take a step back, get his head on straight and focus on his teams and other business ventures. One thing is for sure, he's not gonna be hurting for cash anytime soon.
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #6 9/27/15 10:20 PM
He will go back to sprint car racing as soon as the Smoke clears, don't ever think he's done.
nathans1012 (Online)
  #7 9/27/15 10:59 PM
ESPN just reported it.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #8 9/28/15 11:53 AM
I hope he runs Indycar. He very much wants to win the Indianapolis 500. Full time has to be the way to go. Menards on the side of the car! Go for it Smoke!
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Puppy, racing2a, Rich Mersereau
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 9/28/15 2:03 PM
Indy car needs something or its probably done after next year. Half the teams are insolvent

Charles Nungester
JDK222 (Offline)
  #10 9/28/15 2:12 PM
He's gonna have lay off the Pizza King and get a big shoe horn to get in an Indy Car.

Jason D. Keefer
9 Likes: chasinracin2, dctracy79, interpreter66, PIT CART, Racer1039, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, Wingman, Wizard 05