IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
diana (Offline)
  #1 5/22/13 3:46 AM
Have installed new front axle, also will be replacing torsion bars.Question do you put your blocks in and then install torsion bars and stops, or do you just install the torsion bars and stops and then put your blocks in zero your stops.
Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
AussieJoe (Offline)
  #2 5/22/13 8:42 PM
Block and square the axle then install bars,arms & stops.

Reasearch, Google and talk with guys that have been in the game for a while. Write down EVERYTHING!! Right and wrong so you know what works and what doesn't. I'm only new to driving/setups and try to listen to everyone for what will and won't work.. I still don't get it ha

Posted via Mobile Device
DAD (Offline)
  #3 5/24/13 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by AussieJoe:
Block and square the axle then install bars,arms & stops.

Reasearch, Google and talk with guys that have been in the game for a while. Write down EVERYTHING!! Right and wrong so you know what works and what doesn't. I'm only new to driving/setups and try to listen to everyone for what will and won't work.. I still don't get it ha

Posted via Mobile Device
Find sprint car set up book by Steve smith. Best money you will ever spend next to your race car.

Honest Dad himself
Johnjohnsonjr (Offline)
  #4 5/26/13 9:08 AM
The blocks used for squaring the front axle are different then the blocks for setting ride height. Squaring blocks are on average are 4" and blocks used for setting ride hight on average are 3". But there are exceptions. Like raised rail or different tube heights this can change what block you use. I use different blocks from left to right because I have a 45 degree split torsion bar tubes on my car.

Posted via Mobile Device
lovindirt
  #5 5/31/13 11:25 PM
squaring front axle has very little to do with all this, have you already set up the rest of the car, and got everything else done? If so, then put axle in car set on the blocks you wish to have your ride height at hook up all you radius rods, set lead in your right side if you are going to use lead. Don't forget the Pan bar setting you want. put arms on the bar's first make sure they are able to free fall to the axle without binding at all, put stops on try to have around 3 to 4 threads available sticking through stop on tube side. Torque your bolts, make sure you use grease on bars in bushing area, and make sure you have around the thickness of a quarter on your stop for end play to make sure their is no binding when the bar winds up. Set your tow on your tires according to what your running DIRT OR PAVEMENT.
Hope this helps ya man. Anyone got anything else to add jump in.