IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RichH (Offline)
  #21 6/23/19 6:05 PM
Great day at Winchester.A trip down memory lane for me and my son who I first took there as a toddler. Drive through the countryside, watching hot laps from the infield, fast,safe racing, home for dinner! Let’s do this more often!!
A constructive question: what needs to happen to get a fuller field? ie four heats, a consy and feature? Or am I just fantasizing?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and bearing a cross"
17 Likes: #1jackhewittfan, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Clydesdale, duel, erich45, FishBurger, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, Ken Bonnema, Pat O'Connor Fan, PatrickMead#13, PJ Wright, speed bump, tirespinner, Tony74
sprintracer82 (Offline)
  #22 6/23/19 7:25 PM
Five cars were missing do to engine failure or major crashes. They are not far off from having good size fields. The core Anderson group of cars won't get off the porch and travel outside of Anderson.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, Pat O'Connor Fan
FrankR63 (Offline)
  #23 6/23/19 7:29 PM
20 bucks in 2019 is nothing. 20 bucks a head, look at the crowd, no one is getting rich. You want this option moving forward, go, pay the 20 and be glad for the opportunity. Cannot believe this is not evident, salty, give me a break.
15 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, duel, erich45, fish, FishBurger, gtownplowboy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Jbaldwin, oppweld, PatrickMead#13, PJ Wright, rockstar5, tirespinner, Tony74
Midget51 (Offline)
  #24 6/23/19 7:46 PM
Enjoyed seeing the non wing sprints that have been gone for to long. My daughter brother and niece all had a good time much better than staying at home. hopefully this is the start of something good for years to come
13 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, duel, erich45, FishBurger, Hustlin-Hoosier, Jbaldwin, Kydehart, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PatrickMead#13, PJ Wright, tirespinner
red 12 (Offline)
  #25 6/23/19 7:50 PM
I feel I more than got my 20 bucks worth. The history and just getting to see Sprints back on Winchester. My Son , Daughter in law and one of my grand daughters . Nice day.
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, Clydesdale, duel, erich45, fish, FishBurger, Hustlin-Hoosier, Kydehart, Lewis1585, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #26 6/23/19 8:04 PM
FrankR, I'm with you. Can't believe someone would say $20 to see sprint car racing at Winchester "is a little salty". Obviously the great crowd was happy to pay the $20. And better yet, if you were a HARF member, you got in for half price, $10! How else were they going to pay the great purse they put up today. Very cool that all the lap sponsorships were sold out, too.

Thanks Winchester Speedway, teams and drivers for a great day of racing! And for moving the program along to beat the rain. Let's do it again next year!
20 Likes: Adolph, billw, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, duel, EBookerFan, erich45, FishBurger, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, Ken Bonnema, LUCKYONE, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, ROSS, speed bump, tirespinner, Tony74, Will Shunk
#1jackhewittfan (Offline)
  #27 6/23/19 9:02 PM
I enjoyed it really good tight racing early in the feature well worth my $20
9 Likes: duel, erich45, fish, FishBurger, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, tirespinner
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #28 6/23/19 9:23 PM
I would also like to see more cars but it was still a stout field nonetheless. Heck, we even got a free golf cart ride from our car to the gate. But I would love to see guys like Welpott, Mccune, Donnie Adams, and the other guys that have a pavement sprinter. What stuck out to me was that Brian Gerster was not in attendance. His sponsor is from Winchester I believe
5 Likes: #1jackhewittfan, duel, PatrickMead#13, Rapid Rick, tirespinner
gtownplowboy (Offline)
  #29 6/23/19 9:50 PM
20 dollars is and was a bargain to see the sprint cars back on the high banks.you have to start somewhere with a series.great race, it was an experience that I hadn't had for a long time.did you go? If not you missed an experience.how they come back and bring 25 cars the next time..peace
6 Likes: #1jackhewittfan, duel, erich45, FishBurger, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Online)
  #30 6/24/19 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by RichH:
A constructive question: what needs to happen to get a fuller field? ie four heats, a consy and feature? Or am I just fantasizing?
Maybe this?
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...781&styleid=17

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing