IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug 2nd Jack Hewitt Classic
7/31/14, 11:17 PM   #31
Austin Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by double checkered View Post
I can't answer the running order question but I'd assume sprints firsts or second. There are three classes running. Traditional sprints, modifieds, and mini sprints. I know the sprints are group qualifying in their hot lap session with their pill draw heat line up. I am not sure about the other two classes qualifying during hot laps. Jack usually does a few fan rides through out the night. And if you have access to a radio, 91.3 is the FM frequency to listen live. Thanks for supporting WRP and I hope you enjoy the show.

Jeremy
If they do the pill draw to lineup heats, what impact will qualifying times have? Thank you

8/1/14, 5:41 AM   #32
WRP DK

Pill draw will not be drawn for heat line ups. Pill draw determines what heat race you are in then the line up will be determined by qual time. There will also be a straight up invert of 4. This type of qual is normal in traditional sprint racing.

1 member likes this post: MWestfallfan54
8/1/14, 6:33 AM   #33
Re: Aug 2nd Jack Hewitt Classic
Sprintcarfanatic

Unless you are setting out by the woods I think you can hear the announcer now. They turned it up or something.

Is it Saturday yet ?

He might just come out and set by ya too !!! Announcer that is.

8/1/14, 9:16 AM   #34
Re: Aug 2nd Jack Hewitt Classic
WRP DK

TENTATIVE format will be:

* pill draw for heat race order

* hotlap with your heat race and this is also your qualifying session. 5 laps best time

* $200 BullyDog award for fast time.

* Invert 4 for all heats.

* (This is where it depends on car counts) Top 2 transfer into a dash (8 cars).

* If we only run 4 heats then 3rd and 4th place will also transfer to A-Main but start behind dash.

* If we run 6 heats then top two transfer out of heats into dash (12 cars) and rest will come out of B mains.

* B-Mains will line up straight up based off qualifying times. If more than 40 cars then will be 12 laps. If we run one b main then top 4 transfer. If we run two then top four out of each transfer.

* Winner of the dash has to option of starting the tail for the possible $1163 bonus on top of their win money. They will receive $100 bonus just for taking the challenge and $10 per car passed. If they win then it's $1000 bonus and obviously the $63 hard charger award.

* A Main is 30 laps.

5 members like this post: Austin Scott, dickster, mowerman, mtek56, MWestfallfan54
8/1/14, 4:15 PM   #35
WRP DK

AMSA mini sprints you will also be included in the larger payouts for the Jack Hewitt Classic. You will be running for $550 to win thanks to Larry at SpeedPartz.com and Aerowingsonline.com.

8/2/14, 1:38 AM   #36
WRP DK

Per their own twitter and FB messages Kody Swanson (Friday nights Silver Crown winner) & TMez will be rocking it at WRP for the Jack Hewitt Classic. What a field of cars we will have later this evening.

8/2/14, 9:46 AM   #37
PAW

Weather report?

8/2/14, 12:08 PM   #38
WRP DK

WRP is a GO!!! We are racing. Come on out to see all the great drivers and The legend Jack Hewitt.

8/2/14, 12:31 PM   #39
newracefan123

I must be a dummie when comes to reading websites are coolers allowed in? I couldn't find the info on the track website.

8/2/14, 12:38 PM   #40
WRP DK

Yes coolers are allowed. You are also allowed to carry and beer as long as it's in the can.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug 2nd Jack Hewitt Classic