IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #11 3/3/23 9:10 PM
Sat 11 | Day
47°
51%
NW 15 mph
Rain and snow showers in the morning changing to rain showers in the afternoon. High 47F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
2 Likes: Grocery Guy, Will Shunk
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #12 3/5/23 7:48 AM
No rain all week except for Friday, a few showers. No rain on Saturday, just cool. Saturdays weather-48 degrees, 24% chance of rain. Wind WNW 13 mph. It looks like a race could happen. Dress like you are going to a football game.
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #13 3/5/23 12:15 PM
I've been a member here for a long time and have always wondered how many members aren't capable of finding out a weather forecast for the area they are traveling to.

It must be a pretty high percentage.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
7 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, ossuks, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 3/5/23 12:25 PM
I've been a member a long time and don't believe any forcast over three days. ahead.

Charles Nungester
10 Likes: erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, Ken Bonnema, motorhead748, PIT CART, RACrappieman, Speedmax3, WinglessLovers
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #15 3/5/23 7:25 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
I've been a member here for a long time and have always wondered how many members aren't capable of finding out a weather forecast for the area they are traveling to.

https://fb.watch/j4ThngMlp2/

Maybe we could get the "Hillbilly Weatherman" who posts when big storms are coming to New Hampshire, to post Midwest racetrack weather. He's pretty popular in New England. Fairly accurate too...
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #16 3/6/23 2:53 PM
Showed on facebook they move everything up 1hour. Hot laps and qualifying to start at 5:30 Id be happy with a 4p start

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, Speedmax3, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #17 3/6/23 7:01 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Showed on facebook they move everything up 1hour. Hot laps and qualifying to start at 5:30 Id be happy with a 4p start
I’d be happier with a 1pm start. No reason not to. It’s going to be cold but once the sun goes down it gets really cold!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
7 Likes: bighd0522, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, RACrappieman, Speedmax3, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #18 3/6/23 7:29 PM
Everyone wants to see their first spring race. Here is the latest Saturday forecast I just found. Put yourself in the promoter's shoes. Can Paragon gross enough admission and back gate $$$ to cover all the expenses, the purse and make a profit on a day / night like this? What if it's your track / business? We'll soon find out.

Paragon, Indiana
Updated a few minutes ago
°F
C
42°
32°
Precipitation: 7%
Wind: 7 MPH
Humidity: 47%
Mostly cloudySat 11, 4:00 PM
6 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #19 3/6/23 9:04 PM
While I can understand 92’s point about starting at 1, there is actually a reason not to. Let me just take a minute to remind people what happens to dirt tracks when you race in the daylight. This creates three problems. 1 the track burns up. 2 the track requires more work and burns up anyway and 3 people complain about the track burning up and freezing because it went too long. If the track can break even, then good for them. I certainly agree with Charles that I don’t put a whole lot of stock in forecasts this far out. But if the high temperature forecast is 42 next Thursday for Saturday, and it was my track, I’m postponing. Cold take’s the fun out of it
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, PIT CART, progressive22
mc/rider (Offline)
  #20 3/7/23 11:30 AM
Counterpoint for a 1p start . Were in early March with a wet and cloudy forecast leading into Saturday I dont think track conditions would deteriorate like it would during a day race in the summer. Keep in mind this is the opinion of a race fan who knows absolutely nothing about track prep

When in doubt Gas It
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, Leohr46, luckybuc97, motorhead748, Speedmax3, tirespinner, wildman92