IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > tracks... would it be worth it
5/25/15, 7:21 PM   #1
tracks... would it be worth it
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

Would it be worth it to have a thread dedicated to each track that would give newbies and vacationers a starting point to look up stuff. Like you could say have a thread for gas city and mention the parking situation, seating... no bleacher seats, usual admission. Dusty or not. Fav watering holes/restaurants nearby. Instead, we get (ANd i am guilty of this) a bunch of disjointed speedweek post rehashing the same info. I am a big disney fan, take the family for 2 weeks every year... great site www.disboards.com very organized, if you go there and look at the posts for resorts you wiill know pretty much all you need to know to make you vacation decisions and what to expect when you get there. Just a thought ladies and gentlemen... of course once weve all made the 11 hour drive a. Few times i guess we will have figured it out too...lol

3 members like this post: hoscalecody, Jrp4554, nathans1012
5/25/15, 7:33 PM   #2
Jrp4554

That's probably one of the best ideas I've seen on this sight. As long as it was with the understanding it should be kept factual (prices, types of seating, available campground) The last thing this sight needs is more ******** lol. A track "Wikipedia" is a great idea though.

5/25/15, 7:38 PM   #3
Re: tracks... would it be worth it
Jerry Shaw

To have seven separate threads, I would say that probably wouldn't be a good idea. The front page will only hold a certain number of threads and that would take up a lot of room. One thread that anybody could ask anything about any track would probably achieve the same purpose. And people in here love to answer questions, so whatever you ask will be answered.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

4 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, Panama, speed bump
5/25/15, 7:39 PM   #4
Birdsboro

Yes that is what i am saying.... not a post about this track is better than that track or they suck or the drivers ther suck... factual... like ave number of cars.. sit t8wards one if you mind the dust...you can bring a lawnchair.. the food is good but the beer expensive sorta thing...

5/25/15, 7:42 PM   #5
Birdsboro

True jerry but sometimes the same thing has been asked and answered a hundred times... this could be loaded onto the front page as a forum like the classifieds and when the jist of all the info gets posted it could be locked up and just browsed. ..

1 member likes this post: cleatziff
5/25/15, 7:46 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Many of the track sites have much of that information on em.

As for other things. Let em keep asking. Its interesting to see how and the way people reply and also rewarding to know you helped someone.

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, rapid robert
5/25/15, 8:09 PM   #7
Birdsboro

Did you ever notice when you go to the track website and go to the pictures its always of the cars on the track and never of the facilty itself.... of course there are exceptions... well anyway it was just a thought.

5/25/15, 8:55 PM   #8
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

Check this out...it's a bit dated but helpful..

http://www.stevehardin.com/virtual-tours.htm

5/25/15, 11:25 PM   #9
Flatrightrear

How about just hitting a track and being surprised a little bit? Serendipity can be a wonderful experience. Besides, one guy's favorite track cheeseburger may be another man's heartburn.

1 member likes this post: Scooter
5/26/15, 12:21 PM   #10
jim goerge

I thought we already had that Indiana Open Wheel.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > tracks... would it be worth it