IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Hustlin-Hoosier (Offline)
  #11 5/2/21 12:36 PM
I Didn't see Cole Bodine in the Clauson Marshall Racing Entry
richie (Offline)
  #12 5/2/21 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Here's the head scratcher, USAC charges the same 25 dollar gate for midgets and sprints and the midgets only pay a little more than half. Yeah I know the track sets the gate and there is a basic payment for the purse and sanction fee but why the difference? The cars cost the same, Probably more for midget in some cases as spares and parts aren't available everywhere.

Not a attack, a question?
Originally Posted by revjimk:
I was surprised too. I often complain about cars counts when USAC comes East, but recent USAC sprint eastern swing had better count than last nite (I know, apples to oranges, but....)
Maybe local guys didn't think they could compete?
I thought purse was supposed to be bigger than usual last nite ("Grand Prix")... am I wrong?
Adult general admission ticket prices were $20 for both nights this weekend at Kokomo.

Kokomo Grand Prix paid $4,000 to win both nights this year. It had always paid $3,000 to win in the past, since 2014.
15 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, RockinRy, Sandy Lowe, TBONE, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 5/2/21 1:15 PM
Thanks Richie.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing