IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
1/20/19, 5:49 PM   #1
Kyle Larson
miledirt

Since the Chili Bowl is a discussion about how long last night took, I thought I would just throw this out there.

But dang I'm impressed with Kyle Larson. Yes, Bell is freaky incredible right now but everyone knows how badly Larson wanted that Golden Driller. Yet the way he handled losing with such flat out class, I'm more of a fan of his than ever. We are fortunate that a driver of his talent wants to own and drive open wheel cars on the dirt

1/20/19, 8:50 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Larson
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Larson is the one who recomended Bell for Toyota development and has for the last couple years. Stated that Bell is better than him. Doesn't mean he don't try and will probably succeed in doing so, Some times

That being said, I seen Larson take a coil over front sprint car that many drivers had mixed success with in it's later years and win a four crown and two ultimate challenges and another second before destroying it at the next four crown.

Larson is a class act, And from a world I didn't know existed in them outlaw karts. They seem to translate really well to midgets.

1/21/19, 12:36 AM   #3
SteelCore

Don't want to derail the thread too much. But this off season I've been listening to Open Red and Rip The Fence podcasts at work.

Larson is allowed to run 25 dirt events a season, as long as he is not supposed to be in the Cup car the next day.

Christopher Bell on the other hand is not allowed to be in a dirt car if he is racing NASCAR within the next 7 days.

So I wish some NASCAR teams would loosen up a little. I'm not sure how much more Kyle Larson could do, but I guarantee Bell would do a lot more than he is now. In the next year or two I wouldn't be surprised to see Logan Seavey in this mix too.

They had Ricky Stenhouse on one of them too, but I cannot remember the details of his contract and dirt racing.
Last edited by SteelCore; 1/21/19 at 12:39 AM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, RockinRy, TNRustler
1/21/19, 5:17 PM   #4
Re: Kyle Larson
Jonr

It is all about negotiating. I am sure the next time that Larson/Bell are up for a contract, the terms will be much more dirt track friendly. If not, I am sure that TSR would offer them a contract that is more dirt track friendly.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson