IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
erich45 (Online)
  #11 1/21/20 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Points:
there was a guy in my section who likely spent his $1000 just in beer. He never let the beer man pass without buying 4,6,8 beers for his group.

Wish I had a friend like that!
5 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndianaSprintFan, Points, tirespinner, trannyman
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #12 1/22/20 6:27 PM
Originally Posted by Points:
there was a guy in my section who likely spent his $1000 just in beer. He never let the beer man pass without buying 4,6,8 beers for his group.
Could any of them tell you about the race?
5 Likes: AustinSprinter, luckybuc97, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #13 1/22/20 7:31 PM
Originally Posted by 3wide:
I assumed he included food/beverage cost into the "cash" section?
Yea, "beverage"....
I don't drink & never spent nearly that much at CB
But to each his own... enjoy!
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, tirespinner
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #14 1/22/20 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
You spent $1,000 in cash???
Thats a lot....
A trip over to Atwood's Farm and Ranch would account for some of the cost.
6 Likes: AustinSprinter, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner
Points (Offline)
  #15 1/23/20 1:55 AM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
Could any of them tell you about the race?
well they seemed to be doing all right but at $8 a beer plus tips even a $1000 over 6 days probably not going to get a group too hammered.

On the other hand my expo beverage costs for the week were a mere $21.25. Outside of travel and lodging I think I only spent about $100 bucks.
SteelCore (Offline)
  #16 1/23/20 5:19 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
You spent $1,000 in cash???
Thats a lot....
Must've hit Night Trips
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #17 1/23/20 8:48 PM
I was there and I'm still scratching my head how someone would need or could spend $1,000 in cash for the week. I stuffed my pockets full of snacks and stuff to cut down spending $$$ on their overpriced concessions. And I was happy to find Chase Briscoe's team selling t-shirts for only $10. But hey.....mc/rider must have lived it up! Party on!
racenut69 (Offline)
  #18 1/23/20 8:51 PM
As long as you had a good time,who cares what it cost....Memories are priceless,rock on Abe!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
13 Likes: addictedtodirt, AustinSprinter, Blackduce, buck2, davidm, erich45, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jonboat15, mc/rider, PIT CART, skids59, Speedwrench
revjimk (Offline)
  #19 1/24/20 12:28 AM
I was tempted to spend $1,000 when i went a couple of years ago... good deals in the Trade Show on MIG welders
But it wouldn't fit in my Ford Focus....
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, luckybuc97
Koko06 (Offline)
  #20 1/24/20 6:45 PM
We take alittle over $2000.00 with us just as a cushion. We had car trouble afew years ago and glad we had the extra money. We do buy chili bowl shirts and sweatshirts a shirt for our dog. And we always buy acouple drivers shirts. We always come home with almost half or more. It depends on what you want to buy. The food in my opinion only isn't worth the price. A footlong hotdog $7.00 and when you take a bit it's cold.a 32 ounce pop is $5.00 when you can go to the gas station and get a 32 ounce for .99$ We usually go somewhere after the races for half the price. But love the chili bowl it's the best thing to do in January
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, jonboat15