Was this Windom's first race back?

JasonWatt
  #43 8/30/09 2:15 AM
Originally Posted by Speedracer:
Was this Windom's first race back?
Yes I am pretty sure it was...
skids59 (Offline)
  #44 8/30/09 9:03 AM
Really appreciated post #30 from Leaders edge. Hilarious I thought.

Jeff Skidmore
3Cfan (Offline)
  #45 8/30/09 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Gregg:
Congrats to Hud Cone on the win and a fine run. He pulled away from the start. Weir finished a strong second but wasn't able to real Cone in much. The drive of the night was Ricky Williams. He was patient and for most of the race was the only one that used what little bit of cushion there was on top. At times he was only a couple inches from the wall but from my vantage point he never once touched it. Robert Ballou went the other way, hugging the very bottom to find something. It worked a little too as he was able to move up a few positions.

On the way over I hit up the ATM in Aurora, Indiana. On the way out of the lot I debated on which way to turn onto US-50, right to North Vernon or left to Florence Speedway. I turned left to Florence and still am not sure I made the right decision. The track was a dry slickie all night and what might make for good late model racing (which it was) doesn't necessarily make for good sprint car racing. It looked like Lawrenceburg at Fun Fest the way the sprinters were tip toeing through the corners in the heats. I guess I'm just spoiled.

I beg to differ. The drive of the night has to go to Kyle Cummins (who passed R Williams). I dont understand why people dont give this young man the credit he deserves. Kyle is one of the smoothest, patient drivers there is. While he may not be flashy, his skills as a driver is apparent watching him slice and dice around other drivers. His style will hopefully lead him to his 3rd consecutive MSCS title.

Congrats again to Hud on a great night!
Gregg (Offline)
  #46 8/30/09 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by 3Cfan:
I beg to differ. The drive of the night has to go to Kyle Cummins (who passed R Williams).
Upon further review you are absolutely correct, sir. I did not realize Kyle Cummins started that far back in the feature. Like always I was fixated on the high groove.
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE
  #47 8/30/09 11:33 AM
Congrats Hud on your win and congrats to Chris Windom on a great run after coming back from a injury
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #48 8/30/09 3:42 PM
Originally Posted by cshuman:
Well, thank you? I think lol..
Nothing meant but respect.
cshuman (Offline)
  #49 8/30/09 4:37 PM
Thank you, I didnt take offense, no worries...