IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Opinions please? New ohio Non-Wing mini sprint org
8/30/12, 6:59 PM   #1
Opinions please? New ohio Non-Wing mini sprint org
minisprint47

Just a thought only been racing mini sprints 2 years but been racing my whole life.......Would anyone be interested in a solely Non wing Ohio based association? Nothing has been planned or anything just would like some feed back,have done alot of advertising and promoting in diffrent areas (Music and business) and am curious??? Need racer opinions, and ideas....... Thanks

1 member likes this post: DAD
8/31/12, 9:05 AM   #2
Re: Opinions please? New ohio Non-Wing mini sprint
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisprint47 View Post
Just a thought only been racing mini sprints 2 years but been racing my whole life.......Would anyone be interested in a solely Non wing Ohio based association? Nothing has been planned or anything just would like some feed back,have done alot of advertising and promoting in diffrent areas (Music and business) and am curious??? Need racer opinions, and ideas....... Thanks
We raced with a bunch of Buckeye mini-sprinters many years ago. One thing for sure "somebody" is going to have to work their butt off, You just don't walk into a track and say here we are all ready to race.

"Somebody" is going to have to get 20 or so teams on the same page and keep backbiting down to a minimum. But that makes for "COMPETITION" and that stuff is the best thing that ever happened.

GOOD LUCK! "Somebody"

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13
8/31/12, 10:30 AM   #3
racer22r

I think it would be cool but the problem is We already have 3 main attractions for mini sprints AMSA, Waynesfield, And MMSA so if you add another series there goes car counts. We are already having problems with car counts in the AMSA and MMSA, Waynesfield does alright because there are several guys close to there that dont want to travel all over. AMSA and MMSA have had good and bad car counts this year but if you throw another series in than it will just hurt current car counts that are already low. The cars you would be trying to draw would mostly be from Waynesfield and AMSA because most of the MMSA guys wont travel to ohio due to most of them being farther into indiana and Kentucky. This is just my opinion but i just dont think its that great of an idea. I wish there was a little more non wing stuff around ohio but i just dont know that another series would fly.

2 members like this post: minisprinter, Phylo82
8/31/12, 11:17 AM   #4
minisprinter

Jmo. If less effort was put inTo creating something from scratch, and more into bettering whats already out there, the class would be better off.

Get the three On the same Page, mmsa amsa and waynesfield alternate tri weekly . Those of us who really want To race can see the positives of this without stating them.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Phylo82
8/31/12, 1:15 PM   #5
minisprint47

I agree, My intention of this post is just to make some sense of all that i have heard the past two years,seems to me the guys who make these associations go "The racers" need to be heard and listened to, I am not pointing fingers at anyone,make no mistake. But i think we need more co-operation between the tracks and accociations and less "backbiteing" as one post said. In todays economy it would be nice to see every association merge as well as tracks for the better good of the sport, not for the money or any other personal or non personal reason. Lets face it racing is a way of life for anyone who has been bit by the bug. And some of the stuff i have been hearing isnt that tuff to fix..........Thanks for your guys input and anyone elses that want to leave one.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Opinions please? New ohio Non-Wing mini sprint org