Vookie

https://twitter.com/KirkSpridgeon/st...41335597838336

1 member likes this post: sjracer26
7/29/23, 3:18 PM   #32
Re: 31 at Bloomington
erich45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
I go all the way back to the old days where 22 cars was a good turnout and only 14 cars started the USAC feature race.
Yep, me too. 3 heats w/6 cars starting straight up. Top 3 advanced, other
3 start the next heat.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, tirespinner
7/29/23, 3:27 PM   #33
Re: 31 at Bloomington
SoIllSprinter

Part of the draw of Sprint Week is the large car counts and B main and C mains. 31 is a good number for a normal special show but Sprint Week is the event of the summer and as such the expectation is exceptionally large fields. Paragon has made great strides and would be a great addition to sprint week but seems as if they would rather tweak the other tracks and USAC than be part of something pretty darn special.

3 members like this post: bullringko, IndianaSprintFan, tirespinner
7/29/23, 3:51 PM   #34
JarrettFarms73

Permission to use an analogy?
Re:Two Tracks running same night

Imho, I’m not a fan of tracks running against ISW and do not subscribe to the notion those other cars/ drivers are helplessly out of their element. Here’s why…

Let’s say you had a friend that really likes IndyCar Racing. Unfortunately he fell into a coma a few years back. He just woke up
and all he wants know is how the state of IndyCar is going. You can’t wait to tell him how The Captain now owns IMS and “bumping” is back! So now here’s the question: Does he believe you when you tell him Hinch’ and Rahal are bump victims or does he think you’re messing with him?

Never say never. You want a marquee event? Then it MUST be treated like a marquee event.

All that said, it’s just my opinion. I’m also an idiot and that likes the color yellow and seafood. Just not together. hahaha.

3 members like this post: bullringko, sjracer26, tirespinner
7/29/23, 4:03 PM   #35
chastaj

Increase tow $ for local racers who would like to race with USAC, but in all reality probably not going to make the main. Still out travel costs, race fuel, oil change, will need a new RR, etc. Cars went to Paragon because they had a change to not lose as much $. Plain and simple.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner, TQ97
7/29/23, 6:57 PM   #36
Moreland76

Not a big fan of scheduling that many race during sprint week. I have no problem with the track running , just would like them not running sprints all four nights. But I also believe that same applies to Smackdown and running sprints or having a free night against it. To me even let’s say 200 people didn’t go b-town because paragon ran sprints, that caused b-town a loss of at least 5 grand. The more revenue the more that can possibly be payed out.

3 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, Sandy Lowe, tirespinner
7/29/23, 8:11 PM   #37
Kendall2020

I come from the day of 40 plus cars at every show. Pavement one night dirt the next. If you didn’t qualify in the top 28 you loaded up and went home. USAC shows have been great all week . Let Paragon and Boss do their thing. Paragon is running a business and doesn’t have a Sprint Week show

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner, trackprep
7/29/23, 9:07 PM   #38
Kart#51

Wait! I’m confused. Everyone is complaining about a track running 4 classes of which it contains winged sprints??

What’s the outrage?

I thought nobody on this board attended winged races or even cared cuz they are boring and follow the leader?? So based on that logic Bloomington lost no fans last night.

7/29/23, 9:11 PM   #39
Kart#51

Last edited by Kart#51; 7/29/23 at 9:13 PM.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
7/29/23, 9:12 PM   #40
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Sounds like someone got their Wheaties all soggy. Maybe an Econ 101 class is probably more appropriate than a tweet or whatever it’s called these days.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 31 at Bloomington