IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RFactor Racing
11/27/12, 8:22 PM   #41
Re: RFactor Racing
11Chaudion

I am having problems downloading things. When I go to dirtlatemodelsim.com I get a warning saying security alert that it is classified as a potentially abusive. After I download it I got a warning saying "This program is not commonly downloaded and could cause harm to your computer". After saving a template, I tried to open it, It says it cant open it with out knowing who created it. I read earlier how to save to rfactor but I cant find the install that was mentioned. I am lost.

11/27/12, 9:29 PM   #42
Joe@ScaleSprints

Are you trying to just insert certain cars into the game? Or paint your own car?

11/28/12, 3:18 PM   #43
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Chaudion View Post
I am having problems downloading things. When I go to dirtlatemodelsim.com I get a warning saying security alert that it is classified as a potentially abusive. After I download it I got a warning saying "This program is not commonly downloaded and could cause harm to your computer". After saving a template, I tried to open it, It says it cant open it with out knowing who created it. I read earlier how to save to rfactor but I cant find the install that was mentioned. I am lost.
There is nothing harmful about that website. rFactor mods have a bunch of .exe's which are required to install mods. These mods are not "certified" by anyone and thus don't have a security certificate. So don't worry about your security warnings.

When you say "template" what are you referring to? Are you trying to paint your own skin? You should stay away from doing that until your comfortable with the platform.

I need more detail about what your trying to do to be more helpful.

11/29/12, 10:45 AM   #44
11Chaudion

Car templates so I can get sprints, latemodels etc. Do most people download the high res or low res dlm1.5 and dlm2 cars.
Last edited by 11Chaudion; 11/29/12 at 10:48 AM.

11/29/12, 1:54 PM   #45
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Chaudion View Post
Car templates so I can get sprints, latemodels etc. Do most people download the high res or low res dlm1.5 and dlm2 cars.
Depends how good your computer is. And you don't need to install the templates to race the cars. The templates are for people to design their own graphics to put in the game ie photoshop etc.

Posted via Mobile Device

11/29/12, 11:43 PM   #46
buckshot3448

i always do the high res and i get the alert from ditlatemodel sim. i actually have to turn my norton off usually to download it. the sprints are pretty easy. sprint cars online as a easy how to that you can folllow and will give you everything you need

12/2/12, 8:19 PM   #47
11Chaudion

I have the dlm1.5 downloaded to rfactor, I have bloomington downloaded to rfactor. I go in and pick a car than I go to pick a track (bloomington), the cover page for bloomington opens up but nothing opens. I cant figure out how to unload it to reinstall it. Any help, Thanks.

Also I am looking to download sprints and midgets, what does everybody think is the best to download.
Last edited by 11Chaudion; 12/2/12 at 9:34 PM.

12/3/12, 1:48 PM   #48
buckshot3448

did you get the track addon installed. it wont work with out that.
Last edited by buckshot3448; 12/3/12 at 1:49 PM.

12/3/12, 4:55 PM   #49
11Chaudion

What is the track add on and where do you get it. Do you have to have this for every track.

12/6/12, 6:38 PM   #50
buckshot3448

its on dlm2s page or you can get it from sprint cars online page. and no you just need it once unless you put your late and sprints on seperate rfactor you will need one for each

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RFactor Racing