IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RFactor Racing
11/14/12, 11:36 AM   #31
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_77H View Post
I'm gonna run a test room tonight.. First time I've played online so it might be an adventure getting it set up. I'll open up around 7:30..

Bloomington Speedway Tacky, with dirt late model. version 1.5

Below are links to the cars and tracks. Bloomington Speedway is listed towards the bottom, doesn't have a picture above it

http://www.dirtlatemodelsim.com/?page_id=30
http://www.dirtlatemodelsim.com/?page_id=27

click below for FAQs
http://www.dirtlatemodelsim.com/?page_id=435

if anyone has experience starting a room, any advice would be great!
Jake you've got to have a server to do it. Just starting one through rfactor doesn't work. I've got one, but I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet. I can give you the info to it if you want to try and get it working.

Posted via Mobile Device

11/14/12, 12:14 PM   #32
Re: RFactor Racing
the_77H

I can try.. have never messed with servers before.. send me a pm or a message on fb giving me the details and kinda what I need to do.

11/18/12, 9:20 PM   #33
SprintcarZF

I just got rfactor and got everything to download but everytime I go to race it closes rfactor anybody have any help?

Posted via Mobile Device

11/18/12, 9:38 PM   #34
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

Right click rfactor logo on desktop and click run as administrator........

Posted via Mobile Device

11/19/12, 8:01 PM   #35
11Chaudion

I should be getting my copy of rfactor and steering wheel tuesday, hopefully I can get it loaded tuesday night.

11/19/12, 10:00 PM   #36
HinesFan

i have mine loaded up with winged ad non wing sprints, midgets and late models...lets try it!

Posted via Mobile Device

11/20/12, 9:23 PM   #37
DaveP63

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_77H View Post
I can try.. have never messed with servers before.. send me a pm or a message on fb giving me the details and kinda what I need to do.
Maybe this will help

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...2602168/1.html

http://negativesum.net/games/rfactor...ting_guide.pdf

11/21/12, 1:31 AM   #38
Spi-nex

Hosting a server on your own computer, and hosting it well is difficult. You will need to throttle the data rate for each individual upload and download and alter the frame rate to reduce the load on your processor. It really is better to spend the money each month to get a dedicated server that is on a true 100/100 connection.

If you ever have any specific questions, please let me know, been doing this for several years.

-Jon
http://www.wooracing.net

1 member likes this post: fish
11/21/12, 9:55 PM   #39
11Chaudion

I bought the rfactor dvd and the g27 steering wheel. I cant get the wheel it self to set up, its like the steering wheel doesnt work. I cant turn. I can go straight but cant turn, When I calibrate the wheel it wont do anything when I turn left or right. I have no clue how to get the sprint cars/ late models etc and other tracks to add to the game. Very frustrated.
Last edited by 11Chaudion; 11/22/12 at 3:01 AM.

11/22/12, 4:59 AM   #40
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Chaudion View Post
I bought the rfactor dvd and the g27 steering wheel. I cant get the wheel it self to set up, its like the steering wheel doesnt work. I cant turn. I can go straight but cant turn, When I calibrate the wheel it wont do anything when I turn left or right.
Few tips (I use a G27, very nice wheel):

1. Make sure rFactor is not already running when you plug the wheel in.

2. MOST IMPORTANT. You need to assign which control turns left, turns right, etc in the game.
Instructions:
- At the main spinner screen, click on "Settings" and then "Controls.'
- In the 'action' box, you will see a list of actions with what button does what. Go to the one that says "turn left", click on it, then turn your steering wheel left. Repeat the same procedure for turning right, brakes, gas, shifting, etc etc.

Example (click on link below):
Wheel Set-Up Link

After you get that set-up you will need to set all your steering rates and sensitivities. Below are screen shots of my wheel settings. They have served me & others well for years.

Again, Settings ---> Controls ---> Rates tab
Rates Tab (Click Here)

Force Feedback tab
Force Feedback Tab (Click Here)

Controller 1 Tab:
Sensitivity - all options set to 50%
Deadzone - all options set to 0%

Controller 2 Tab:
Same as Controller 1

Next, click on the "Mappings" tab, then click "Save" (in the middle of the screen). Type in whatever you like then click "OK" (now that profile is saved... you don't have to do that again!)

=============================
Next thing, setting the "difficulty"

- Click on the "Difficulty" tab.
- Set all options to "OFF" except for "Auto-Clutch."
- Rest of the options don't matter.
=============================

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Chaudion View Post
I have no clue how to get the sprint cars/ late models etc and other tracks to add to the game. Very frustrated.
For about 95% of all the mods & tracks out there this is a very simple procedure.

Anytime you download a mod for rFactor, run the installer program and then it will ask you where to install the files. Click the "browse" button and navigate to your "rFactor" folder... typically this is found at 1 of 2 places:
1: C:\Program Files\rFactor
2: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor

After you find the rFactor folder, just click on it once then click "ok/next/install" (whatever the option is). You will be given a confirmation message that the install is done.

That's it! When you go into the game and select a different "series" (ie. going from Sprint Cars to Modifieds) it is best that after making your selection you restart rFactor to make sure all the mod settings load correctly.

Also, never EVER have rFactor open while installing any track or mod.

Keep in mind, rFactor is a SIMULATOR, not a game, so lots of configuration is needed to get it going, but once it is going, it's a very low maintenance program.

If you need any help, please let me know. I'm happy to get more people involved with sim racing.

email: jrhuston81@gmail.com

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RFactor Racing