IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Go Pro camera help needed
2/7/12, 8:50 PM   #1
Go Pro camera help needed
11Chaudion

I have a new gopro(HD hero 960) camera and I am having problems playing videos on the computer. When I first try to open up the videos, I get a message saying that they cant open them and it need to look up who made the files. When following the prompt they take me to a page that has realplayer and 2 other options on it to down load. I have downloaded real player and I can save it to real player but the video is jumpy and cant really work. It acts like its jamed up. At first all you can see is a black screen and some sound. After a few seconds or minutes, it will start to show video, but it jumps around like its pictures, but the camera is set for video. I have gone thru set up on the camera 4 times to verify it is set right. The video camera icon is on and it is set at 4 in video mode inthe setup. I have tried playing them on windows media and quicktime. They wont work.

I read somewhere on the internet that you cant use a sd card that is a 10. I bought a PNY 32gb sd card.

Can anybody help with this.

2/7/12, 9:15 PM   #2
Re: Go Pro camera help needed
Knoke77

Give VLC player a try. Haven't found much that it won't work on.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

2/7/12, 9:23 PM   #3
LittleReject

What type of computer do you have? How old?

Your computer MAY not like the HD video if it's old enough. Definitely give VLC player a try as Knoke77 mentioned above. If that doesn't work, might be the computer.

2/8/12, 7:43 AM   #4
Onlydirt

Combined Community Codec with Windows Media Player, Handbrake works well with changing the formats. The free GoPro software from their site works well for putting stuff together. If you are doing a lot of this just get a MAC, it a lot easier on a mac. I use iMovie and Handbrake for all of my videos (Go Pro HD and my Sony HD Handycam). I am new to Mac, but I can do the work in a third of the time on a Mac compared to PC.

2/8/12, 10:34 AM   #5
11Chaudion

I have a dell with windows xp on it. Its about 8 years old. I cant afford to buy a new computer just to play with a go pro camera. And I would have to move all my business files to a new computer. I have installed the vlc, after installing it ,I get a message saying it crashed. It worked about the same.
Last edited by 11Chaudion; 2/8/12 at 10:42 AM.

2/8/12, 1:54 PM   #6
El1teBr33ze

As long as you're running Windows XP it should be fine. Unless it literally is the computer itself that is the problem.

2/8/12, 3:00 PM   #7
11Chaudion

Ive been looking up differant video editing software. I found one that said it works great with older computers. I installed a trail version of it. Magic movie edit pro mx. I cant get the videos to transfer over to it. I also read where you have to convert the mpg4 video to avi format. I dont know how to do that or send videos to the edit software.

2/8/12, 5:06 PM   #8
Onlydirt

download www.cccp-project.net it will play everything in windows media player. If it doesnt work it is your computer. Handbrake will convert formats and they both are free.

2/8/12, 6:06 PM   #9
11Chaudion

I have downloaded cccp and handbrake. Dont have a clue how to use either. In handbrake I was able to bring a video from the camera. Pressed start. It started to do something. At least with "any video converter", I was able to bring up a movie from the gopro camera and convert it. I dont know what it converted it to. It played on the "any video converter" like it should. But could not send it to or find it thru the "magic movie edit pro max".

Bout ready to see if a sledge hammer will help out.
Last edited by 11Chaudion; 2/8/12 at 6:07 PM.

2/9/12, 1:43 PM   #10
Onlydirt

Did you install cccp? If you installed it you can watch your unedited video in windows media player. Have you downloaded the free software from GoPro? Its easy to import and edit with.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Go Pro camera help needed