IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mud Removal
6/2/11, 4:27 PM   #1
Mud Removal
kasey2020

This is probably a dumb question, but what do people use to spray down the car before hot laps to keep the mud to a minimum. We used to use WD40 back in the day and I didn't know if that was still the way to go or if there was something different being used?
Thanks

6/2/11, 4:40 PM   #2
Re: Mud Removal
Sprintracing59

Mudd-off,Baby oil, Wd-40

6/2/11, 4:49 PM   #3
thebus79h

Easy Kleen is the way to go. It's an application that's put on while you wash your car, and then also at the track if you choose. It works just like a wax, but has a very good cleaner with it as well. Mud won't stick to the paint, and get in the pores of it. It will stick to the Easy Kleen coat, and come off much much easier. The more coats you use, the better it works. Also, this isn't a leave it on wet type of application, so when your car is sitting in the pits, the dust won't make it a mess before you even get on the track. Put it on body panels, nerf bars, wings, and virtually everything on the racecar.

I've got guys using it all over the place, and last year one of our guys said at a two day show, he was "power washing" the car with a chemical sprayer. We've ran it on sprints, midgets, late models, and even street cars, and around the house. Give me a call for more information at 765-259-1191, or hop on our website at www.gofastkleeneasy.com

32 ounce bottles sell for $20, and a 1 Gallon Jug (with spray bottle) sells for $60.

7/14/11, 3:44 PM   #4
micro94

Go with Billy and Easy Kleen. Stuff is awesome. You can take the car to the track run it through a mud puddle in the infield (we know from expierience) and literally wipe it right off with a rag after it dries. The nerfs will look like you just polished them again. I detailed cars for 17 years and never seen anything work like that stuff does. Great product.

1 member likes this post: thebus79h
7/24/11, 12:26 PM   #5
Rex W.

I always liked baby oil cause you could spray the cars headers next to ya & the crew guys would get in a panic when they seen all the smoke.

1 member likes this post: mud goodsleeve
7/25/11, 5:10 AM   #6
Larryoracing

I like Plexus,
sold at a motorcyle shop near by. It's expensive. it's a fiberglass wax.

Spray on and wax car. Spray it on a muddy car and it will clean it off.

Mud comes off very easy from car. It's the best stuff I have used.

Sincerely,

Larry "O"

7/25/11, 7:56 AM   #7
cmakin

We have a local Houston product called Mudbuster. It was developed by one of the crew chiefs here and I have to say that it works incredibly well. I used to like baby oil, er, for mud removal and never really thought that Mud Off worked that well. I have to say that Mudbuster out performs both. I know that there are some teams in Indiana using Mudbuster right now. If anyone is interested, drop a line and I can make sure that you get some.

7/28/11, 12:40 AM   #8
racinround

How many applications can one get out of a 32oz of Eazy Kleen on a Sprint Car??

7/28/11, 5:58 PM   #9
micro94

Quite a few. Its just a spray on wax. You could probably go damn near all year on 1 bottle. 2 for sure and you would probably have some left over.

7/29/11, 11:38 AM   #10
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinround View Post
How many applications can one get out of a 32oz of Eazy Kleen on a Sprint Car??
Quite a few, and it just depends on how diligent you are with the cleaning of your car. We spray the body panels, axles, and anywhere else that you usually have a build up problem, inside of wheels is a big area as well.

Give me a call sometime and we can definitely talk, and possibly take your order if needed.

I will say the gallon jug is the best value, it's 20 dollars for a 32oz bottle, and 60 dollars (including spray bottle) for the gallon jug (128 ounces), and also will save money on shipping. We have a few dealers along the east side of the country, but nobody to the west coast, and are always looking to expand as well. Feel free to give me a call anytime!

We are also in the process of revamping the website.

Billy Rowlee
765-259-1191

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mud Removal