IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trouble in calif. For usac cra
4/10/11, 10:54 PM   #11
Re: Trouble in calif. For usac cra
turn4rob

I think cutting the schedule way back a couple of years ago was a huge mistake and now we're paying the price and its killing 410s in so cal,when we had 30to40 shows a year pepole were in the habit of going to the races on Sat. night now they've found other things to do also the owners don't want to spend the money on a 410 to race 10 to 20 times a year
just my not so humble opinion as I have no dog in this deal except I need more 410 racin out here !!!!!
ROB
Last edited by turn4rob; 4/10/11 at 10:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
4/11/11, 6:40 PM   #12
turn4rob

apparently there was a memo sent to the owners and drivers that the purse would be decreased (and it was confirmed by Chris Kearns on the SCRA board)

ROB

2 members like this post: Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
4/12/11, 6:06 AM   #13
Larryoracing

It doesn't surprise me that the purse is going down/being reduced.

Did you look at the head count/the number of people in the stands and the cars that showed up at the last USAC/CRA race. Personally I could "imagine" Don saying that himself, because it is realistic. Just read his biography on the track and his life and it doesn't take much to imagine those words, "coming from the horses mouth"...lol! And that ain't funny.

Personally I would have to say there weren't many fans in the stands and there wasn't too many cars there.

I didn't really think about it, because I enjoyed the race, but Cory Kruseman was not there and I don't think the Tony Jones, # 4 car was there? If it was, I missed it. You usually hear a lot of fan fare when the Tony Jones/Alexander Trucking/ Silver Bullet is racing at the PAS. I didn't hear a lot of noise about the #4 car being there or racing there/at the PAS.

"RUMOR" has it there won't be any more racing at the PAS. I personally take these rumors very seriously and religiously....lol! IT IS NOT FUNNY, but a real possibility.

So if this rumor becomes fact, I hope I make it to as many races as possible. It may be the last races there.

Sincerely,

Lawrence (Larry) B. Otani...and God Bless you all. Hope you have a great year.
Last edited by Larryoracing; 4/12/11 at 6:08 AM.

4/12/11, 7:58 AM   #14
racephoto1

This makes me all the more thankful that I live in Indiana. The biggest decision here is where am I going to go racing, not if the place is running.

4/12/11, 1:42 PM   #15
turn4rob

Larry T.Jones has retired(again) Nick Faas is in the 4 car they blew up in hot laps

ROB

4/12/11, 4:03 PM   #16
racerjim2

This may be what's happening in California now.....I look for this same thing to head east like everything else that happens out west.

Racing of all kinds is in trouble!

2 members like this post: Fontana180, SUPERDUKE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trouble in calif. For usac cra